NFL fans.. we have a PROBLEM!!!

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by PiggyBank, Sep 25, 2012.

1. #51     Sep 26, 2012
  2. So I'm guessing the players and coaches will never again bitch at the "real" Ref's. Yeah, right. I heard one player say he had no problem with the replacement ref's until they made a call that impacted a game. I got news for him and everyone else. Other than the QB, the Ref's have more impact on the game than anyone else on the field. They want to call holding tighter or looser than usual, call interference loose or tight, any number of other rules they can choose to enforce tight or loose...those calls will impact the game. The Ref's determine how nearly every play will turn out.
    All that said, these replacement ref's really suck. The NFL has more than enough money to pay the Ref's a better wage, and seeing how important good or bad calls can be, they're worth every dime.

#52     Sep 26, 2012
  3. LEAPup

LEAPup

I'm done with the nfl. Pure college for me!

#53     Sep 26, 2012
  4. ya, that'll happen...:p

#54     Sep 26, 2012
  5. Looked at it again a few mins ago that's definitely a reception and a TD seahawks. Clear as day..

#55     Sep 26, 2012
  6. I do appreciate the NFL acknowledging the missed interference call on the same play, which would have ended the game with a Packer win on it's own without the hoopla over the blown interception call.
    Crap happens, and to honest the Packers played like crap offensively in the 1st half, and one of my favorite players of all time dropped a touchdown catch. As always while this play cost them a game in the final moments, they cost themselves the game playing like crap for an entire half, or for that matter the Seahawks playing well enough to sack Rogers 80000000000 times in the first half.
    Over and out bring on the next week.

#56     Sep 26, 2012
  7. You're clearly cock-eyed. There is no way to look at that and see a seahawks reception. The ball was caught by Jennings.. the only person who possibly had possession was JENNINGS. There was NO simultaneous catch, Jennings caught the damn ball, tate's left hand may have been pinned under the ball but his right was not even on it as they were falling to the ground, he was clawing at Jennings right wrist trying to pry the ball lose. Even after the hit the ground, at which point it is a completed interception, Jennings still maintained possession as tate fought for the ball. One ref signaled time up/game over, and one signaled TD.. I'm pretty sure the ref that signaled TD is also the FOOL that missed the blatant push off right in front of his face. This is all apparent in super slow mo, you can't miss it. You won't find anyone besides yourself and goodell calling that shit a TD. I'm done explaining it.

oh and from the rules:

Rule 8, Section 1, Article 3, Item 5 states:

Simultaneous Catch. If a pass is caught simultaneously by two eligible opponents, and both players retain it, the ball belongs to the passers. It is not a simultaneous catch if a player gains control first and an opponent subsequently gains joint control. If the ball is muffed after simultaneous touching by two such players, all the players of the passing team become eligible to catch the loose ball.

#57     Sep 26, 2012
  8. I wouldn't say plenty AAA, but now that they have IR back - they should make the RIGHT calls, no? There is no doubt in my mind at all that these refs are making significantly more seriously terrible calls than the regular guys. Also the real refs are more consistent, if it is pass int for one team then it is for the other, for example.. there is NO discernible consistency with the replacements, not across the league and not even during a single game. The Monday night game was the most poorly officiated game I have ever watched.

#58     Sep 26, 2012
  9. 15 wins, and that has absolutely nothing to do with what happened. There are upsets all the time, this just wasn't one of them.

#59     Sep 26, 2012
  10. Ok, I have lived in Wisconsin almost my entore life, and went to a geame a year as a kid, but I will say there is more to this terrible, horrible, pathetic call. I agree a gazillion percent it was wrong, but so was the Sam Shields interfernce call and the lack of offensive interference call on that last play. At the same time the Packers sucked shi# in the first half and while I am as irritated as every other Packer fan, time to walk away and win the rest of the games. One game won't make the season unless you are a bad team. I hold out that the Packers have improved from last year, and if so will clean house going forward.
    Or so I hope as I sent my sister in law in Minnesota my usual hate email.:D

#60     Sep 26, 2012