NFL Draft - the Browns get a STEAL

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by brownsfan019, Apr 28, 2007.

1. AAA - I agree, but that's the way it is. Many said this year was make or break.

Now, the Browns mgmt has:
    1) Hometown QB that the owner wanted.
    2) We have him now.
    3) Most importantly - it will obviously take time to develop him, so how on Earth could you fire the coach and GM that got the LT and QB!?!?! :confused:

I can hear it already - no way you can fire Crennel or Savage b/c they just pulled off the draft of a lifetime and since it takes a few years for a QB to develop, you can't possibly fire the guys that got him here!

I still think our first 3 picks were top of the line. I think Thomas will start immediately at LT and make an impact. I think Wright could start at CB as well. Quinn will take time, just like any other QB.

And speaking of LT's, there's some news floating around that Savage is interested in trading Kevin Shaeffer, the LT we got from Atlanta a year or two ago. Right now the Giants are rumored to be interested.

#11     Apr 30, 2007
  2. That's an interesting take on it. So they can now argue the owner owes them the time to develop Quinn. If the owner wanted Quinn, then he can't complain. The great thing about the draft is it is such a crapshoot. It will be years before we can say definitively if they did the right thing.

#12     Apr 30, 2007
  3. Yeah, I think it was the smart thing to do, if nothing else for job security. As you said, we won't know for years if this was a good idea and since they got the owner's guy, kinda hard to fire the guys that pulled that off. At least, that's what I think. We might actually see the team sold before the GM and/or Coach gets fired. Just speculation here, but the owner has said numerous times that if they don't win soon, he will fire himself. Plus, he just bought a soccer club in Europe (Aston Villa), so he's spread all over currently.

#13     Apr 30, 2007