NFL Draft...Finally

Discussion in 'Politics' started by AAAintheBeltway, Apr 26, 2006.

1. How many of them ran a 4.38 and led the ACC in receiving? How many did more bench press reps than the top rated OT?

I also think those stats you quote might be a bit misleading. Some of those guys were primarily blockers, some played in systems that didn't look to throw to them and some played for crap teams with bad QB's.

If this guy had been a wideout, with his numbers, he might have been even more coveted. He's faster than almost any of the top wide receivers drafted in the first round in prior years.

Most teams try to cover the TE with the strong side LB. There is no LB in the league that can run with this guy. Never has been.

#31     May 1, 2006
  2. ElCubano

ElCubano

Breeding Biscuits... I hear ya bro....and by the looks of it the N.O. fans on TV looked like they just won a super bowl with BUSH being picked...but the fit doesn't seem right at the moment...hell withthtat logic the Texans should have picked him instead of williams..but i hear ya.....

and as for ZZZZZzzzzz , next time you talk to Matt on the phone just ask him if he ( not you or I ) regrets not going sooner as in last year when his star was shining bright... Like triple A says we aint talking about a 500k difference we are talking about a signing bonus in the range of 10 - 20 million guaranteed money and for a QB as you say that aint got much ; he will look back at this as his biggest debacle

#32     May 1, 2006
  3. Pabst

Pabst

I agree that LT is not the fastest back in the league. Just the best. I think of Bush as a guy who has the speed of Tiki Barber with the football instincts of Tomlinson. Keep in mind Z, defenses relative to offenses are much faster then twenty years ago.

#33     May 1, 2006
  4. ElCubano

ElCubano

I can assure you that he is not over rated...and fantasy football leagues all around will pick this mo- f**k in the top 3 this coming season. Either he is pulling the wool over everyones eyes or he is getting the Job done... at least we agree on one thing Antonio Gates is the best TE in the NFL...guess who makes him that much better than the rest???... ;o)

#34     May 1, 2006
  5. I compare Tomlinson to Marshall Faulk, and hands down, Marshall was a superior running back to Tomlinson.....

Fantasy football?

LOL....

The Dolphins fans thinking the Fish have a chance this year, now that is FANTASY FOOTBALL...

:D :D :D

#35     May 1, 2006
  6. ElCubano

ElCubano

Yes Fantasy football... you laugh, but some serious thinking goes into leagues that have 10k-50k on the line ( and i can assure you no one would pick faulk over LT )..im not talking about the free one we have here on ET..it may even be bigger than poker... try it out one day you might just come out of your cave. :D

and the fins dont look bad and would look better if Ricky didnt stick it to us yet again...

#36     May 1, 2006
  7. Exactly how many GM's do you think called Fantasy Football contest winners before the draft to get their expertise? How many GM's call Fantasy Football contest winners when they are thinking about a free agent or making a trade to get advice?

ROTFLMAO.....

#37     May 1, 2006
  8. ElCubano

ElCubano

some should make that call, they'd do much better.....my reference to fantasy football was that he ( LT ) would go top 3 to prove that he isnt overrated as you suggested...you are saying he is overrated yet he is the most likely to go in the top 3 in any league at anytime with any GM making the call...I have some facts backing my statement...you are just basing it on your opinion which is fine...if he is over rated he wouldnt go in the top 10..

you want over rated..you need not look further than your boy Matt...who is only good because of the system he was in..he was much hyped and much over rated and will soon have all of america singing the same tune...maybe the GM's did make that call and uncovered him for what he really is..HYPE

#38     May 1, 2006
  9. LT Lite was saying before the season last year he was going to run for 2,000 yards. What a joke.

Look at his production, it aint that great. He is over-rated when I compare him to all time greats, he isn't in the same league with Sanders, Emmitt, Marcus Allen, Faulk, etc.

We don't have any great running backs right now in my opinion.

LT Lite is getting older, he gets injured more than a great back should, etc.

Eric Dickerson, now there was a great back...

p.s. If you read previous post in this thread, you will see that I don't hold Matt as a great pro prospect....

#39     May 1, 2006
  10. ElCubano

ElCubano

ok...

#40     May 1, 2006