NFL are they nuts

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by taclander, Sep 24, 2012.

1. As a note, my oldest would have played college ball at some level if it wasn't for an injury, and my next may be able to get a scholarship for football and or academic, and play, but it still doesn't mean I am going to pay stupid money to watch. If I need to I'll figure a way to watch him for as close to free as possible. Hollywood and athletics have reached my budgetary limits.

#11     Sep 24, 2012
  2. Funny, NBA made my list of crap I will not pay a dime for, ever. I don't watch the NBA anymore at all, in person or on tv, and rarely even keep up with it in the paper or internet. I love football, but am growing tired of the cost. I'll go watch the local high school after my kids graduate and enjoy it every bit as much.

#12     Sep 24, 2012
  3. BSAM

BSAM

Go Lakers!!!

#13     Sep 24, 2012
  4. BSAM

BSAM

Sneak under the fence?
    (You really should go see your kid, brother Tac.)

#14     Sep 24, 2012
  5. BSAM

BSAM

What turned you off to the NBA, brother Tac?
    The price is still just right on TV.

#15     Sep 24, 2012
  6. it think its ok to be into sports same way i like to watch southpark. but some people... come on! they will literally have a sour week if their team loses. :p

#16     Sep 24, 2012
  7. Ok, yea you got me, I would, but if he does play the next level I will look for every angle to make it cheap to watch, but I will be DVR'ing at home while watching in the stadium. Crap, maybe I should hope he doesn't get a scholarship to play.:)
    I just see nothing in the NBA sport wise, that resembles how I played when I was a kid. Dr. J started getting that extra step to do his magic, and from there the NBA went downhill. It is all about scoring. Give even the mid level guys 2 steps, and superstars whatever they need, and I have counted 6 in the past with no traveling call. I like 3 pointers, but not the way the game is now, where you either bomb a 3 pointer or travel and elbow your way in for a stuff. I must be nuts, but I like defense too.

#17     Sep 24, 2012
  8. wildchild

wildchild

These refs got all the money and they are just as bad or worst than the replacement refs.

#18     Jan 6, 2015