NFL 2011 Spread betting thread.

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Max E., Sep 9, 2011.

1. Lucrum

Lucrum

You're a gambler? :D

#11     Sep 17, 2011
  2. Max E.

Max E.

Kind of forgot about this thread this week, but here is a quick summary of my 3 picks for week 2.

First off i like Baltimore to beat The titans - 6.

Baltimore has a solid run Defense, and Chris Johnson is essentially in pre season game number 2, after just starting last week. I dont expect the Titans to be able to get it done in the air, and after seeing Baltimores performance against steel town last week, i fully expect them to blow out the titans in week 2.

Pick Baltimore -6

Secondly i like Greenbay to beat Carolina by more than 10 points. Cant even believe this spread is this close. People in the NFL are so easily persuaded on a week to week basis. Carolina is the same shit team they were 3 weeks ago before Cam Newton had a big game. Greenbay just beat NO by 7 points, so you got to figure Carolina is atleast 4 points worse than New Orleans.

Pick Green Bay -10

Last i like the Cowboys to beat Arizona -3 Romo should be on the prowl after the criticism he took from week 1. Lets be serious here, the difference between the Jets defense, and Arizona's defense is astronomical. Look for Romo to rape Arizona.

Pick Dallas -3

Earlier in the week i had a chance to pick the Steelers -10 against Seattle, and i didnt take it now the spread is steelers -14, so im kicking myself over that one.

To sum it up
    Baltimore -6
    Greenbay -10
    Dallas -3

Good luck in week 2 ladies. :D

#12     Sep 17, 2011
  3. Max E.

Max E.

Meant to say dallas over the 49er's dont know why i put down arizona.

#13     Sep 18, 2011
  4. Good call on Dallas.

#14     Sep 19, 2011
  5. Max E.

Max E.

Not really it was only good for a push, though i guess if Romo would have been in the game the whole time they probably would have lit it up, but he definately silenced his critics after coming back from a punctured lung to lead his team to victory. I was just 1 yard off of winning that game if that Reciever had been a little faster for dallas in overtime. Wish i would have taken the Steelers -14, I was going to take them at -10 but when the spread moved against me 4 points i decided against it, as i dont like chasing point spreads.

Lots of questions after week 2. WTF happened with Baltimore? I cant understand how they can come out so motivated to beat the steelers in week 1, and then come out with a total stinker in week 2.

Is Cam Newton for real? In both of my drafts someone dropped their backup for Newton, and someone else bitched that the other person got him first. I am going to laugh real hard when Newton comes out and throws up a total flop one of these weeks.

Will indy win a single game this season without Peyton?

Will Brady break the passing record?

Are the lions for real? How bout the redskins and grossman?

Browns fans must be stoked as they are sitting in a tie atop of the AFC north. for the first time in years. :D

I hereby nominate Michael Boley for the biggest douchebag in the NFL after he decided to whip the ball at a kid on the sidelines face for his endzone dance.

<embed src="http://www.ebaumsworld.com/player.swf" allowScriptAccess="always" flashvars="id1=81855823" wmode="opaque" width="567" height="345" allowfullscreen="true" />

Bad week 2 for me at 0-2-1, puts me to 3-3-1 on the season.

#15     Sep 21, 2011