NFL 2010 Playoff, Super Terrific Happy Bowl!!!!!

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Steelers Baby, Jan 7, 2010.

1. #31     Jan 17, 2010
  2. Chargers on an 11-game win streak can't be beat at home by a team who only got into the playoffs because the Colts took the game off, right? Maybe 11 games in a row isn't enough momentum.

#32     Jan 17, 2010
  3. 4-4 for the postseason but the next 2 games are easy.

Vikings @Saints

Saints offense proves too much at home. Vikings put up a fight, but they're playing in the wrong dome next week. 33-24 Saints

Jets @Colts

Colts defense completely shuts down the Jets offense (this time for the entire game) and Manning and co. take it to the Jets defense. 23-10 Colts

#33     Jan 17, 2010

4. lol that was crazy, I will gladly take a hit on my bets for the week to see Rex Ryan and Sanchez win that game.

I cant even imagine the celebration which must be going on in Indy right now not having to face the chargers next week.

I actually like Rex Ryan and Sanchez, they are totally open and honest about the game and it is fun to watch people who show their true personality win.

Jets fans are probably going to get a chance to piss on Norv Turner's grave later this week, he is toast.

We may be witnessing the start of a dynasty with those 2, I think that they are very similar in the way they approach life with emotion. That and both of them will only continue to get better from here must warm Jets' fans hearts. Rex Ryan has managed to turn the Jets' D into last years version of the Ravens defense and he didnt even need time to build it.

I am actually somewhat surprised that teams are not able to stop Ryan's defense, it is the exact same thing the ravens were doing last year to teveryone, including my Steelers, non stop blitz.

#34     Jan 17, 2010
  5. timcar

timcar

OUTSTANDING call by me. It does help when one team scores on the first play of the game.
    It was a favorite’s weekend for sure.

Another OUTSTANDING call by me. Made this call way back when on 11-24-09.
    3 out of 4 ain’t bad: Hey isn’t that a song by meatloaf.

#35     Jan 19, 2010
  6. 6-4 for the postseason, soon to be 7-4, (not that it matters, I only put money on the Colts/Ravens game with what I thought was a ridiculous spread).

Colts/Saints Superbowl

I can't remember the last time two #1 seeds met in the Superbowl. Both teams flirted with undefeated seasons, the Saints falling flat for the last 3 games, the Colts deciding only a Superbowl win matters this year after winning 14 straight.

Handed a win by the Vikings with A.P. fumbling the ball 27 times and Favre throwing 2 ugly interceptions, including one at the end of regulation which killed a game winning FG opportunity, the Saints advance with an ugly victory for their only Superbowl appearance in franchise history.

Meanwhile, at the Hall of Justice, the Colts played an inspired Jets team who managed to play a near perfect half, building an 11-point lead in the 2nd quarter, only to watch Peyton Manning dismantle their #1 ranked defense in the 2nd half and rack up 461 yards of total offense. In return, the Colts defense held the #1 ranked running attack to just over 80 yards. With the exception of two big plays which led to 14 of the Jets 17 points, the Colts dominated the game, scoring 24 unanswered points after falling behind. It looks like the Jets' only chance for a win was to play a close game, like the one against SD, because the giant woke after NY took a 17-6 lead. The Colts advance for their 2nd SB appearance in 4 years.

More than doubling their 1st downs and 3rd down conversions, the Vikings had NO's number today but couldn't capitalize after 5 turnovers. Like the Ravens and their win over NE, the Saints shouldn't expect the Colts to be so generous. The majority of Indy players have mass playoff experience and a Superbowl win, while the Saints scrape by a better team for their first Superbowl game in over 40 years. Even if not overwhelmed by the Superbowl atmosphere, the Saints face a determined Indy team playing its best football of the year. Colts win 34-21

#36     Jan 24, 2010
  7. If the Pats weren't going to the SB, this was the matchup I wanted to see. As a Pats fan, I'm obliged to hate the Colts, but it doesn't mean I can't respect the shit out of them and Manning. I expect the Colts to win this one, but I'm really hoping for a back and forth Manning/Brees shootout. I'm looking forward to this one.

#37     Jan 25, 2010
  8. i like the way you think :D

#38     Jan 25, 2010