NFA registration

Discussion in 'Index Futures' started by eniety, Jun 20, 2005.

  1. eniety


    The NFA website confused me as to who needs to register with them. I am an individual trader on my own. Any help would be appreciated.
  2. Truff


    If you are an individual trader, you do not need to register.
  3. If you trade other peoples money or hold yourself out to the public as a trader trading other people's money...they want to regulate you.

    Retail Spot Forex is a grey zone for me just now...and I think it is a developing zone for them...

    The NFA is a good thing and takes the "Circus" out of the Markets they regulate.

    The NFA is the regulating arm of the CFTC.

    Why don't you call them...they don't bite...(800) 621-3570

    Michael B.
  4. If you are an individual and a member of the exchange you have to register.

    I know I did but maybe it changed.
  5. Did you have to register as an AP? Did you have to take that horrible Series 3? I keep my CFTC alive just so I don't have to take that horrible Series 3 that AP's and CTA's must take....again. Costs me $100.00 buckeroonies a year....For a short time I was a CTA...never know when you need to reinstate I pay each year.

  6. The classes of registration detail who needs to register. As long as you are not advising others or clearing someone else's trades through your accounts, you don't need to register.
  7. I am a member of the CBOT, CME and Eurex. I didn't have to register. I have a letter from them that says that registration is only required for me if I'm handling customer accounts along with my own.
  8. I never took a series 3 or anything. I was just told by my clearing house to register with them.

    I'm an individual trader and don't do anything with customers.

    I guess I registered in error.
  9. eniety


    Thanks guys! :)