NexTrend Charting Software

Discussion in 'Trading Software' started by mmuloin, Jun 30, 2001.

1. Same here...still having trouble getting data for SPZ1...

Jim

#51     Dec 13, 2001
  2. Its rollover day, so quotes will be all over the place as the December is very thin now. The new contract are

ESC2'CM
    NQC2'CM

Best,

Mike

#52     Dec 13, 2001
  3. and replied to my email about the data feed. What's happening, in short, is that they're upgrding and when they (or anyone, really) do that, things happen... I remember the last time I made a hardware upgrade to *my* system and that didn't go all that smoothly either.:D

Like the previous post said, it is roll over time and that might add to Nextrend's data problem, as well.

I'm taking the rest of the day off...

Later,
    Jim

#53     Dec 13, 2001
  4. :((((((( what am i gonna do :)

#54     Dec 19, 2001
  5. BSAM

BSAM

traderkay:

What are you gonna do? Pay the rascals $25/mo. (like I do) or trade without them. Rather steep, huh?:(

BSAM

#55     Dec 19, 2001
  6. #56     Jan 29, 2002
  7. tom_p

tom_p

Just had a look at your thread on SI and found it contained useful info both on NexTrend and TA. I appreciate your desire to hang out on SI, but do feel free to cut and paste (and, of course, post) your stuff here as well.

#57     Jan 29, 2002
  8. Thanks for replying. Starting a NexTrend subject at SI was largely an experiment to see if there are enough serious users out there to form a supportive community. There was an abortive YahooGroups board in '99, but other than your board I haven't found any others. I think we are the gonna-bees in that never-never land between the wannabees who use $9.95 services and our heroes who have arrived, using the much more expensive RealTick, TradeStation, or proprietary trading platforms. I think NexTrend is by far the best service for the price, and I don't understand why I don't see more references to its use.

#58     Jan 29, 2002
  9. tom_p

tom_p

In David Nassar's article about Wilder's DMI, reference is made to signals based on PDI, MDI and ADX in RealTick. In NexTrend, I can only find ADX and ADXR, with an inadequate explanation in the online help - how do I use these?

#59     Jan 30, 2002
  10. Tom - I am certainly no expert on ADX and ADXR, because I think all such indicators are BS, in the vast majority of cases lagging the obvious evidence of pure price action. However, I looked at Welles Wilder, Jr.'s, book, and Nextrend defines ADX and ADXR as he does, and uses the default period of 14 that he recommends. ADXR is supposedly a measure of trending. Wilder recommends trading if ADXR exceeds 25. Peaks and valleys of the ADX indicate turning points. Wilder's text is exceedingly subtle. I recommend that you look at the book if you want to use this indicator set. There is a brief discussion in Kaufman's "Trading Systems and Methods" if you have that. Please advise if you think I got any of this wrong. - Mike

#60     Jan 30, 2002