NexTrend Charting Software

Discussion in 'Trading Software' started by mmuloin, Jun 30, 2001.

1. bouncer

bouncer

I'm also a Qcharts escapee. When Nextrend was acting up during the mid-week due to server problems it was "deja vu, all over again". :)

#41     Nov 10, 2001
  2. JPB

JPB

Does anyone have a formula for NASDAQ Trin that works? I've tried the one they include, but since there is no volume in the ISSQ (advance/decline), it doesn't work. Or am I missing something?
    Thanks again,

JPB

By the way, I tried the solution from Elie in another (old) thread and could not get it to work.

#42     Nov 13, 2001
  3. Quotes way behind during today's FOMC announcement. No Globex data this morning either. Did you have the same problem?

#43     Dec 11, 2001
  4. Quotes way behind..

#44     Dec 11, 2001
  5. paulblank

paulblank

Nextrend was pretty good initially but they have been having a lot of problems lately. I have read about the hang ups and am experiencing the same thing daily. It just gets stuck and you have to log off and on to get the feed back. Also I have noticed in the past month or so the emini feed is stopping and not resuming until 8 am the next day. Then it will give you the overnight feed for a day and disappear again. The feed has become very unreliable to the point of not being able to use it. I am looking for another solution and would recommend staying away from nextrend. They keep saying they are changing things but they never do. Run don't walk.

pb:(

#45     Dec 12, 2001
  6. yEAH I don't know what they are doing with the night session data. Try this fix when quotes get stuck again, switch the chart to another time frame and then back, it worked almost every time , I only had to exit 2 -3 times since I have been using it. Other than the major delay last Tuesday and a few minor problems before I have to say it's fairly reliable .

#46     Dec 12, 2001
  7. WHAT IS THE SYMBOL FOR MARCH 2002 CONTRACTS?

#47     Dec 13, 2001
  8. dozu888

dozu888

I am running myTrack and nexTrend simultaneously these days... myTrack is always a few seconds ahead of nexTrend, as far as emini feed is concerned.

#48     Dec 13, 2001
  9. and said that they should take a look at this part of this thread.

I experienced the what I call the "lock up" problem that some others have written about on the previous page. I thought it was my computer or feed. Glad to read that it isn't but that, coupled with the late quotes, is making me wonder if the idea of dropping RealTick for Nextrend was a good one.

When I tested them side by side a few weeks ago (Realtick and Nextrend), the Nextrend quotes were right up to speed. I may have to rethink my choice of data vendors at the end of the month.

On the upside, I really like the color coding upgrade they gave to the T & Sales screen.

Best,
    Jim B

#49     Dec 13, 2001
  10. Quotes totally inaccurate this morning at the open. LiveCharts is even better.

#50     Dec 13, 2001