NexTrend Charting Software

Discussion in 'Trading Software' started by mmuloin, Jun 30, 2001.

1. BSAM

BSAM

Kicking:

Pretty much my sentiments also. Not sure what's going on over there at NexTrend. I kinda suspect they are trying to force their customers to go ahead and upgrade to the upper level packages. Charging 25 dollars for the eminis does seem a bit absurd. Their latest software was supposed to correct the problems with trendlines. I think they're worse than ever. I have a Hewlett Packard printer. Still can't print charts directly. This problem should have been addressed LONG AGO. Must say, though, that the data feed is very reliable. Again, 40 dollars with that annoying banner is a poor business decision on the part of NexTrend.

BSAM

#31     Oct 6, 2001
  2. Let's bombard QQL with email requests for an emini feed!:)

#32     Oct 6, 2001
  3. A feature of Nextrend that I don't like is that, if you have scrolled back to review some historic data, when a new current bar starts to update you are jumped back to the present and then have to scroll back again to continue your research.

I was doing some research on the e-minis where I wanted to study pre-market activity. Every minute on the 1-min chart I was jumped back to the present. Nearly drove me crazy.

#33     Oct 6, 2001
  4. neo_hr

neo_hr

Hello!

I am currently using ENSIGN with EOD data for daily and weekly charts (it costs like 30$) and intraday I use QuoteTracker.

Now, what I hate about the QT is that it doesnt have multiday-intraday charting. For that I used IQCharts but I hate their not being able to color the bars, volume, non flexibility about parameters etc.

What I would like is honest advice what is better :

ENSIGN rt data (Ensign feed, 120$/mo)
    Or 30$ ENSIGn EOC, + IQCharts 30$/mo
    OR Nextrend and which package?

Or should I forget it and go with RTIII? No, that is not an option:) its like 300$.

Thank you all and good trading.
    Alex

#34     Oct 19, 2001
  5. Just one man's opinion...

I use RealTick but if I had to switch it would probably be to Nextrend. There are a few aspects to my trading style that make Realtick worth it for me but I tried out Nextrend for a couple of months and liked it.

I believe they have a "free" trial period...try 'em out and see for yourself.

Best regards,
    Jim

#35     Oct 19, 2001
  6. tntneo

tntneo Moderator

well ensign can do all you want. I use and prefer Ensign, because I do automation.

another alternative is AIQ (cheaper.. I think 59$ with intraday data delayed, $79 with realtime , unlimited symbols etc..)
    it colors bars etc..

I don't know Nexttrend (well, I have it as a backup, but rarely use it because esignal is so good).

tntneo

#36     Oct 19, 2001
  7. JPB

JPB

Hey all,
    If any of you are using Nexttrend, do you have any of the following problems? I'm trying to figure out if it is my connection, computer issues, or if Nextrend is really this bad.
    -Quotes are about 1.5 seconds behind Datek feed (my backup), and about 1 second behind IB.
    -Locks up for about 10-60 seconds at least twice per hour (If I restart it starts up again). Occasionally I get a server not available message when this happens. It also pegs my CPU usage while this is happening, so I can't do much else, either.

I just started using it on Tuesday, and it seemed fine then. Yesterday and today it has been almost unusable. I did get newsfeeds added yesterday, but I don't have any news windows up. This might just be coincidence.

I'm using a PII 400, 384MB RAM, 2 Matrox cards, and a DSL line.
    Do I just need a faster computer?

What's your opinion of it?
    Thanks in advance,

JPB

#37     Nov 8, 2001
  8. mmuloin

mmuloin

NexTrend had a data feed server down on Wed. and Thurs. They are usually quite reliable.

MM

#38     Nov 9, 2001
  9. JPB

JPB

Thanks MM,
    It did seem much better today.

JPB

#39     Nov 9, 2001
  10. I never had a problem until this wednesday , thursday and friday. I hope that they dont go the way quote.com did. I have got my fingers crossed.

#40     Nov 9, 2001