NexTrend Charting Software

Discussion in 'Trading Software' started by mmuloin, Jun 30, 2001.

1. BSAM

BSAM

vitajex:

I just spoke with NexTrend. Towards the end of September they will still offer the eminis. The cost will be around 10 to 15 dollars per month.

dlincke:

Yes, the data feed from NexTrend is very good. There are some issues with the software. However, the new 3.0 version should correct some of these issues. When you log on Monday, an upgrade for 3.0 should be available. I'd have to disagree with you concerning the charts. I find their charts very fine. Not as many options as Quote.com, but then I think we all know about Quote.com by now. Indeed, though, working with the software does take some getting used to. Additionally, customer service at NexTrend is very good.

churasan:

If you're having trouble with the symbol lookup feature, just give them a call. Their customer service people are very friendly and can answer all your questions.

BSAM

#11     Aug 17, 2001
  2. churasan

churasan

Thanks guys.

I tried using Symbol finder. This is nice.

I couldn't catch some Symbols.
    I found "CRX1'CE" , is this CRB index?
    and I couldn't find S&P500 index. There are toooo... many S&P words.
    I am writting from Tokyo, and am not goot at English very much.
    Finding correct Symbols is little bit difficult for me.

#12     Aug 17, 2001
  3. BSAM

BSAM

churasan:

Use SPL.X for the S&P 500 index.

BSAM

#13     Aug 17, 2001
  4. vitajex

vitajex

Folks, thanks for the info regarding the
    e-minis and NexTrend. Good news if it's
    $10/mo.

Churasan, I believe the CRB index (cash)
    is CRY0'CE in NexTrend. I did a search in
    the Symbol Finder for Description contains
    CRB and Market Type is (any value), and that
    was the first item in the list.

-v

#14     Aug 17, 2001
  5. churasan

churasan

Thanks for your kindness.

I'll try from now.

churasan fm Tokyo

#15     Aug 17, 2001
  6. tntneo

tntneo Moderator

Hi, sorry if I spoil the party. But I think I should say what I see.
    NextTrend for emini is slightly slower than eSignal.
    I don't complain, and I use them as back up [although, after all, IB is a quote back up too, without charts. if IB goes down anyway I am screwed].

I agree the charting is limited in NextTrend free [I don't pay for it, so many the full version is better. However, the feed is the same, you may add more indicators per chart, have news etc.. when you pay]. But again, it's my backup.

Before someone pointed out NextTrend on this board, I used livecharts.com from quote.com as a backup. Speed of livechart is very good by the way and Nasdaq stocks are free too [advertisement pay for it].

Also, I think all data providers will ask 10$ for the minis soon. I am curious to see if indeed, this shows the industry is expecting day traders to move to futures.

neo

#16     Aug 18, 2001
  7. Re: NexTrend's data speed...

I compared NexTrend and RealTick side by side for nearly a month. What I found is that the NexTRend data feed is a little slower than RealTick...by about a second. That may make a difference depending on how you trade. For me, it *did* make a difference and that is why I use realTick now even though it costs me about $365 a month, including data from the Chicago Merc....that's over twice as much as NexTrend.

FWIW, except for the data delay, I really liked NexTrend...is is a great value and could do damn near everything that I need. The customer service people are great. When I informed them of the discrepancy between their feed and Thomson's they really did their best to correct it and I wouldn't be surprised to find out that they had it fixed soon.

Aloha, Jim

#17     Aug 18, 2001

8. When you want to cancel the service you have to send them a letter! Their fee/service structure is complicated, I would never pay $50 a month and have this lame ad window taking screen space. Funny: EDAT is a SM from Nextrend, didn't know that! But most importantly I don't like too much the charts, I tried with about 5 chart windows and I can't get a complete day of data most of the time, the size of the bars/candles stays the same regardless of the chart size. Also if emini data is free, I don't think paying $10 to get it through Nextrend is a good deal.

#18     Aug 19, 2001
  9. xll

xll

Kicking,
    My understanding is that you cancel by email. Go to billing policy/ cancellation/ click "sent to Nextrend". This brings up an email window that you can route to billing. You have to cancel 5 days before the end of the month.

#19     Aug 19, 2001
  10. akhuto

akhuto

I don't like nextrend's chart scrolling every minute and having to contract evrytime to view the entire day's chart .
    Is there a way to size the chart to fit entirely in that window without having to contract evry minute?

angela.

#20     Aug 29, 2001