NexTrend Charting Software

Discussion in 'Trading Software' started by mmuloin, Jun 30, 2001.

1. What's up with their customer service? I sent several emails no response!
    Are you having any problems with the recent upgrade?

#91     May 27, 2002
  2. I am not an apologist for the company, just a long term user of the product. You may have picked a bad day to try to contact them if you did it on Friday afternoon. They were having some kind of data flow or bandwidth problem that rendered the service essentially dead for an hour or so, and presumably swamped customer service. I'd try calling them Tuesday if you still have a problem. Absent the rare service outage, I always get through to customer support immediately. As an aside, NexTrend looks mighty attractive in price and features now that Quicken Quotes Live is ceasing operation.

#92     May 27, 2002
  3. What are you thinking of the new version? Do they have a fib grid now? I can't see any mention of it. Thanks

#93     May 29, 2002
  4. I don't stress the software very much, as I only use candlesticks, sma's, and some simple calculated numbers. One major improvement that has been made is the revamping of the code to handle negative numbers, however the limited number of variables keeps this capability modest. I would like to see more study features like Fib grids and Andrew's pitchforks, currently not offered. Other than that I have no complaints. I am very price and reliability sensitive, so for me esignal and qcharts are not options, much less the higher priced alternatives. Been with them nearly three years now, with outages now so rare (only one in the last six months) as to be shocking.

#94     May 30, 2002