Next US Prez

Discussion in 'Politics' started by 2cents, Sep 6, 2006.

1. I could....Lieberman would be one....Guillani would be another...don't kid yourselves guys...he's a lot closer to a Dem than he is to the right.

#51     Sep 14, 2006
  2. Pabst

Pabst

Very true. I would add that most Republican's in New York are RINO's......

#52     Sep 14, 2006
  3. i could accept rudy but he is so liberal he is a fake republican....killing babies and gay promoter......won't work for me....and all true republicans....Hillary has those mean eyes...those janet reno eyes if u know what i mean.............johnmccain is somewhat liberal but a real american hero.......not some guy caught by enemy and releaseed doing nothing to deserve hero status.......JM did..........Hanoi Hilton fo rmany years could not break him......he is key to next repub prez......or getting hillary and nancy face on tv enough will do the trick.......they are both women that will make your skin crawl and hair on back of neck stand up...those janet reno eyes if u know what i mean.....imagine those 2 running the country.......along with the champion chappaquidic swimmer TEDDY KENNEDY.....womans drowns in his car and he waits for hours to tell police.....what a freak....mass....is a sick state.....

#53     Sep 14, 2006
  4. No, I can't. Even if I respected an individual candidate, I couldn't vote for him knowing it increased the chances that democrats would take over congress.

The democrats have moved far to the left. Even a lifelong liberal like Lieberman is too moderate for them. This is a guy who has scored in the 90's on the ADA liberal ranking system his whole career. He is not a "moderate" like some are claiming. By any definition he is a hard core liberal.

The world has gotten a lot more dangerous. Democrats are simply not a credible alternative at this point. Bush has made plenty of mistakes, but he has also done a lot of things right in fighting terrorism.

#54     Sep 14, 2006
  5. BSAM

BSAM

You're spinning like a Democrat on this thread Pabst. Don't disrespect yourself like that. If you believe this country's in such great shape, you need to step outside after dark, or just go to the mall and look around. Or just get a TV and watch CNN/FOX for a couple of "daze".

Neither the country nor the Republican party are what they used to be / could be / should be. I'd still say we'd all be better off if Kerry had been elected.

There is no way the Republicans will ever "get back in line" until they've been punished.....i.e. THROWN OUT! It'd be one of the best things that could happen to the Republicans, in the long run.

#55     Sep 14, 2006
  6. Maybe its about time, some joe six pack ran on a shoestring and won.
    The country needs it.

Tha fact that all the usual suspects get offered as candidates, time and again, is evidence enough democracy has had it.

Now, they've been exporting their "freedom and democracy" for some time, and so they should-its THEIR product, they OWN it.
    If they were giving it away, that would be fine-but their not.

Theyve been using a counterfeit version, selling it at full price, and pocketing the proceeds like a rolex saleman at a hong kong market.

vote joe six-pack.

#56     Sep 15, 2006
  7. IMO, at this point, the above might be a statement of faith, not fact. As much as some of us advocate the harshest approach to those who even hint at involvement in the Islamofascist jihad, the Bush presidency in toto has been a disaster. To say that Kerry would have guided the ship to an even bigger crackup... I just don't see how anyone can say that, except with hands clasped.

One of the biggest failures of the Bush administration, one that is rarely talked about in this war-like time, is that they failed to lay a foundation for the next few generations of young Americans, in terms of being prepared to compete in the global marketplace. The past two decades have produced huge shifts in the way in which individuals will compete, and the Asians, the Indians and to some extent the Europeans all have a huge lead on the US now, by virtue of the fact that they have better preparation. Take a look at the high school math curriculum for the average kid in India, and be very afraid.

The big chance was the past 12 years. Also, I am not necessarily convinced that the PC police on the left would have done significantly better. I was hoping that 8 years of conservative government would have heated the intellectual chill in North American universities, but this hasn't really happened. It may not be too late, but...

#57     Sep 15, 2006
  8. Tradernik:
    "I just don't see how anyone can say that, except with hands clasped. " unquote.

Brilliant
    :D

In terms of competing, what do you suggest-returning to the conditions of the hoover dam?

#58     Sep 15, 2006
  9. I take it that this is sarcasm :)

I have no idea what this means, but then it has been shown, time and time again, that most of you are a hell of a lot smarter than me, so this should come as no surprise to anyone.

Regarding competition, if you don't agree that we have a problem here in North America training and preparing our young people to compete, god bless you. I am sure you are firm in your convictions.

EDIT: By no means am I implying that we are not able to prepare our young people to compete. Lots of young people from around the world come here to get prepared.

#59     Sep 15, 2006
  10. No, no sarcasm there at all.

Happy clap all you want, still doesn't change the fact that a fundamental paradigm shift is required-
    not necessarily to alert the public,
    it appears they wouldn't recognize a great idea,
    "Even if it fell out of the sky, and wiggled on their face." (copyright claimed, by moi)

But it must be evident, even to the powerbrokers, that a tiny degree of honesty MIGHT be required, for even a modicum of continued faith by an electorate, by their public, in their country's elected representatives, to support the continued existence of their APPALLING racketeering.

Even that, appears lacking.

Vote joe -six pack.:cool:

#60     Sep 15, 2006