Next US Prez

Discussion in 'Politics' started by 2cents, Sep 6, 2006.

1. I think the outcome, either way, would be terrible for the country, but as a fan of poltics as sport, a part of me would love to see Hillary/Obama versus McCain/Guilani.

#31     Sep 7, 2006
  2. Better yet would be Hillary/Obama vs. Rudy/Condi or McCain/Condi.

#32     Sep 7, 2006
  3. For sure: Meth=Death.
    I fully understand the serious health risks posed by recreational drug use, and I understand these risks far better than most other people do. However, it is NOT the proper role of government to interfere in the activities of consenting adults.
    Opposing all prohibition laws does NOT equate to supporting or advocating irresponsible behaviors.

#33     Sep 7, 2006
  4. gov should mind its own biz. good start would be legalize soft shit. rest would follow prolly in 2 decades, 3 max. i mean, how can u ignore the fact holland has the lowest numbers of addicts in the world, what the heck have we got to lose? pigheaded prejudism and ignorance is what prevent legalization from happenin'.

#34     Sep 7, 2006
  5. So you really dont think, there's a chance of some squillionare popping up out of the woodwork to run a strong campaign, independently?
    Note, i didnt say win, "running a strong campaign".

#35     Sep 8, 2006
  6. Nobody?
    not nader, stallone, perot, soros, gates,
    No-ones of the opinion, there ISNT a legitimate dark-horse candidate?
    Clooney?
    Steve jobs?
    No?

#36     Sep 8, 2006
  7. Here's your dark-horse.

http://www.walken2008.com/

#37     Sep 12, 2006
  8. BCE

BCE

Sorry but it's too late to elect Pat Paulson, unless we do it posthumously. :D
    http://www.paulsen.com/
    One of his running themes was to invade Canada. :D

#38     Sep 12, 2006
  9. neophyte321

neophyte321 Guest

Looks like Kerry's running again:

========================
    Asked if he dreads the prospect of being “Swift-Boated” all over again, Kerry counters that he would relish such a fight.

“I’m prepared to kick their ass from one end of America to the other,” he declares. “I am so confident of my abilities to address that and to demolish it and to even turn it into a positive.”
    ===========================

http://www.examiner.com/a-284761~Meet_the_Next_President__Kerry_s_Second_Shot.html

I watched a number of interviews with the "Swifties". And they were 100% credible. I'd definetely convict on the evidence they presented.

It's funny, the media labeled the swifties as liars, but the only person constantly revising his story was Kerry ... "I meant ribbons, not medals... It might not have been Christmas night, etc, etc, etc ... "

The swiftboat thing has no doubt lost some impact, but it showed Kerry for exactly for what he is... a douche-bag.

#39     Sep 14, 2006
  10. On the left, I think Edwards is out front so far. The Dems are already bribing Hill not to run (offering top Senate spot if she stays put). They know she can't win.

On the right its going to be a shoot out between McCain and Romney I think. Romney has more of the religious right support, although he is left of McCain actually in general. Both are middle of the road on most issues, which is the only way the Repubs repeat I believe.

I don't think Kerry or Gore have much chance. If they couldn't beat Bush, its going to be tough for them to get enough support this time around. Well, Gore actually did beat Bush in popular vote, but still...

#40     Sep 14, 2006