Next Toronto Hook up -Jan 24

Discussion in 'Hook Up' started by pbw, Jan 4, 2008.

1. goodjob

goodjob

#11     Jan 15, 2008
  2. pbw

pbw

Thanks for the link--

the reason I like this book is b/c I think many traders are stuck in the competitive phase (including myself) -- we compete against the markets, with ourselves and with other traders -- in stead of trying to be in harmony with the markets (and ourselves)--

easier said than done of course when you have bills coming in at the end of the month.

#12     Jan 16, 2008
  3. pbw

pbw

Vanquish, we have not heard from you -- are you still planning to do the presentation --if not, give a reply so an alternative may be arranged --cheers.

Is there anyone else who would like to do a brief 10 min presentation in case Vanquish is still recuperating from a long New Years Eve hang over.

This includes the newbies, who have not attended before -- you need to have a one or two page presentation on a no fluff trading system -- one that makes real money in the real world and not fluff money in the fluff world.

In return the group will buy your drinks for the evening in the tip envelope that gets passed around -- if your lucky and its a good night you may even be able to buy your self a meal and a subway token to your home.

So anyone else want to volunteer in doing a presentation in case Vanquish does not come through -- you will do your presentation next month in case Vanquish shows up.

Again this is also open to the newbies --you are encourages to give it a shot...

#13     Jan 17, 2008
  4. sumosam

sumosam

Damn,

And I thought we were just going to drink beer and belch! You guys are so conscientous. Regarding systems, I think that is a highly individualized matter. How about just talking shop if an alternative presenter does not materialize. Now, I am a newbie to your group, but like to put forth my 2 cents.

:)

#14     Jan 18, 2008
  5. Hi Sumo,

Basically, that's all we do is talk shop. One of us does a 5 minute presentation on anything they want, but the rest of the time is talking shop casually.

Torontoman

#15     Jan 18, 2008
  6. Joab

Joab

Sure why not :)

#16     Jan 18, 2008
  7. sumosam

sumosam

Thanks for the info To. man. I am new to the group, so I expect I'll find you somehow

#17     Jan 18, 2008
  8. No problem. Hope to see you there.

#18     Jan 18, 2008
  9. pbw

pbw

Yes the topic may be on anything like the out look on markets or unique opportunities in the markets, etc or even on an interesting book one has read-- it does not have to be on a trading system.

Since no one has volunteered for this thurs, we may have no presentations --which is also fine..

Essentailly we are more a relaxed social traders and networking group more than anything else...

No pressure on anyone to attend or to do a presentation --hence all are welcome from beginners to the advanced...

#19     Jan 19, 2008
  10. t482

t482

I'll try and make it.

#20     Jan 23, 2008