Next Target for S&P500 --> 1120,00

Discussion in 'Trading' started by chapabranca, Jun 3, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. The lithium is on the nightstand, right where you left it.

Let me see . . You were the one that said we were going to break out 1229.75 when we were at 1225.00. That was before we dropped 55 points. This was part of your overall grand plan correct?

#71     Jul 8, 2005
  2. How has your interpretation of Elliott Wave been working for you since you started this "Next Target for S&P500 - 1120" thread back on June 3rd?

Whatever happend to that "C-Wave" down to 1120 that you were talking about?

#72     Jul 28, 2005
  3. I joined ET a few months ago, hoping to learn a little more about trading.

Although I am learning, all this fighting between members is really getting ridiculous. I suppose it's somewhat entertaining, but mostly it's just distracting.

I don't suppose I'm the first one to complain about this, nor am I light-headed enough to believe the membership will ever change on it's own, so here's my question.

Why don't the mods do some house cleaning around here, and keep the threads on topic?

I've been tempted in the past to post something like "I don't care which one of you can pee further, just quit bickering!!"

Mods, what say you?

Don-

#73     Jul 28, 2005
  4. Don, does this chart work for you?

Notice how the SPX continues to trade above the 10 day moving average and has not violated it since the reversal low back on July 7th.

By the way, if you really think that you can learn a few things here on ET regarding Elliott Wave, then you are sadly mistaken.

As I said in a previous post, the interpretation by Chapabranca was highly questionable, and far too simplistic. Nothing beats doing your own Homework and Due-Diligence. If you wish to rely on ET for helping you develop a trading methodology, then you are doomed to fail.

Nothing replaces hard work!
    Good Luck.

#74     Jul 28, 2005
  5. Hum. Let me see. I was wrong and now you are wrong. It is happening all the time. You can only survive if you are more often correct than wrong.

And... Your count is very very strange. Are you sure?

#75     Jul 28, 2005
  6. Please indicate where you believe my count is wrong.
    Be specific.

#76     Jul 28, 2005
  7. Don, let me illustrate to you why it is so difficult to learn anything of value regarding market calls based on Elliott Wave here on ET.

Chapabranca started this thread back on 6/03
    He made a post on 6/21, and yet another one on 6/27

He then comes back to his own thread on July 8th stating that this is a "Mid-Term Trade" and that he "doesn't mind losing a few points."

Meanwhile, the S&P futures are now about 33 handles higher than his admitted entry point for his short at 1214.25, which took place on July 8th - - - OVER A FULL MONTH SINCE HE STARTED THIS THREAD AND HIS MARKET CALL OF 1120 when the SPX closed at 1196.02 on June 3rd.

No use of stop-losses and rather strange that he doesn't admit putting the trade on until nearly 5 weeks after he starts this thread.

If this is the kind of trading methodology that you feel comfortable with, good luck!

#77     Jul 28, 2005
  8. Ebo

Ebo

Don:

How much did you pay to join this site?

If you do not like the banter, you have a few choices......

I find a gold bar in the toilet bowl every once in a while!

You have to learn how to wade through the doo doo to find a gem or two.

Having said that>>>>> The freight train should be slowing down soon in the SP!

#78     Jul 28, 2005
  9. Like this!

#79     Jul 28, 2005
  10. Chapa,

Here is the current WEEKLY CHART which is labeled correctly:

#80     Jul 29, 2005
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.