Next Target for S&P500 --> 1120,00

Discussion in 'Trading' started by chapabranca, Jun 3, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. As i already said earlier: talk with Elliott Waver's and you will have as many different opinions as there are wavers.

Here one says higher while the other one says lower. And they both use the same techniques. :confused:

#31     Jun 21, 2005
  2. The "same" techniques.
    I don't think so.

#32     Jun 21, 2005
  3. I would think that EWT is a kind of systematic approach. I can understand that not everybody has exactly the same analysis, but if one says long while another one says short at the same time with the same theory, then i can't follow anymore.
    If you count waves, you have to follow certain rules i suppose. How can it be then that there a so many different ways of counting?
    I already followed postings of EWT in the past on another site; at the end it became hilarious to read the different opinions.

I never liked EWT because there is too much room for interpretation. compare it with drawing support or resistance lines. These lines can also be drawn anywhere.

I like math's; 1 plus 1 is always and for every normal person 2. Even if you do the recalculation 1 year later it still is 2. You can be optimistic, pessimistic, smart or dumm, 1 plus 1 will always be 2.

#33     Jun 21, 2005
  4. My elliott count of the spx is bearish in this moment. I study other Indices and currencies around the world like DAX and EURUSD to finish my count. In other opportunity i will post my complete elliott count of the SPX for all.

Chapa!

#34     Jun 21, 2005
  5. I also like math :). Im not a radical elliottwave user. I use what i think that helps me in my trade. Just it. Simple like that.

#35     Jun 21, 2005
  6. Numbered waves imply decent trending of prices....I don't see that...which is why I use letters to indicate non-verticle side-ways movement.

#36     Jun 21, 2005
  7. Look again.

#37     Jun 22, 2005
  8. Nope. According to "Mastering Elliott Wave" By Glenn Neely, you're not following all of the rules.....too many of your "numbered" waves imply impulse waves, when in-fact, the are breaking retracement "rules" which throw them into a non-impulse category.

#38     Jun 22, 2005
  9. Not at all.
    There are no "overlapping" waves that have been "numbered" as impulse waves as you say.
    Please feel free to show me which impulse waves have "overlapped from my chart.

#39     Jun 23, 2005
  10. DAILY CHART

#40     Jun 23, 2005
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.