Next month in Greenwich -- meet the Tudor Cubs

Discussion in 'Hook Up' started by truetype, May 7, 2018.

1. truetype

truetype

Tudor Cub Roundtable

June - 7 - 2018
    5 PM - 8 PM Indian Harbor Yacht Club Greenwich, CT 06830
    5:00 - 6:00 - Registration and Networking
    6:00 - 7:00 - Main program
    7:00 - 8:00 - Cocktails and Networking

EVENT DETAILS:

Several of the hedge fund industry's top managers trained under legendary investor, Julian Robertson at Tiger Management. When these managers started their own firms, they were collectively referred to as the "Tiger Cubs", and several of them formed the nucleus of the Greenwich hedge fund community. The act of creative destruction (phenomenon) is playing out once again, as highly trained former managers of Tudor Investment Corp., have set out on their own to create the next generation of hedge fund firms ... the "Tudor Cubs".

Please join us for a fascinating behind the scenes look at the evolution of the hedge fund industry as seen through the eyes of PM's from this elite investment company. Learn what life was like at one of the world's largest and most successful hedge fund firms, and what it is like today to be an emerging manager in an increasingly competitive and expensive field.

2. tommcginnis

tommcginnis

And right in the ol' neighborhood, too.
    Dang.
    But the commute from Indy is a bitttttttttttttttch, and I've done it too many times.

3. R1234

R1234

Sounds interesting. I might attend

4. I am there!! :)

tommcginnis likes this.
  5. Maverick74

Maverick74

Are you a member of CHFA? I believe you have to be a member to attend.

6. tommcginnis

tommcginnis

Hate you!

(:))))

Last edited: May 8, 2018
  7. truetype

truetype

Becoming a "member" just involves paying a few dollars. No biggie. I've gone to several of their events.

Also btw I notice Tudor is hiring - saw this today on Linkedin -

Maverick74 likes this.
  8. JK what is CHFA? Chartered Financial analyst? I googled chfa and I am getting colorado housing ,Cascade Hospital for animals... :) truetype, more info on that membership would be appreciated.

9. Maverick74

Maverick74

Connecticut Hedge Fund Association. You sound like a world champion scrabble player. :)

https://cthedge.site-ym.com/events/EventDetails.aspx?id=1062223

tommcginnis likes this.