Next Level Trading

Discussion in 'Prop Firms' started by XTremeTraderrr, Jan 28, 2009.

1. So I met with their senior trader (his name was Gil Jo) last week and was very impressed by their coaching and training philosophy. I also learned some pretty interesting TA during the short time that I was there.

I especially like the fact that the office is very collegial unlike the other firms I "interviewed" for getting my capital. I also checked out his trading blog - and I have to say that I was impressed compared to the other big city prop firms' blogs which was pretty much devoid of any real content - not to mention ugly chart analysis.

Anyone have any feedback. I plan on joining their firm and wanted to get any other traders' thoughts.

Merci.

2. Nothing bad to say? At all?

I know that they're a smaller firm compared to the other Manhattan firms I interviewed. But I felt like I would receive better training. Not to mention that I trust them more.

I was looking to join a Jewish prop but I think I feel more safe here.

Please let me know if anyone has any insight. Thx

3. Gcapman

Gcapman

Currently a day trader with them trading remotely.

I received training and continuing to get coaching from Gil.

I understand charts. I don't have a handle yet on my emtions and feel that I'm getting some really good psychology advise.

I would recommend them. I'm making roughly $200-300 per day. Not bad considering I blew 2 accounts at 2 other prop firms.

Good luck!

4. What commissions you pay and what profit split ?

5. Gcapman

Gcapman

I pay 55 cents/100 share cents since I'm not a very big trader but they told me that I could get it down to about 35 cents/100 shares if I average about 1 million shares monthly. Plus full ECN rebates which really helps my PNL.

My profit split is 95% which is okay with me. I'd trade 5% for good trader coaching and mentoring anytime. My last 2 firms gave me 100% payout but never trained me well enough to take it. lol

If you've never been to their office, you should give Gil a visit. Nice office with lots of trader interaction and respect amongst everyone - which was seriously lacking at my previous firms. I really like the environment there but prefer remote since I live far from Queens. No desk fees! I was paying $400/month in Manhattan.

Good luck!

6. Interesting.I got good vibes from the way Gil explained his training and coaching.I'm also a very big believer of judging quality of firm by company blogs and hig blog seems to beat most other firms and expert traders.His market calls the last 2 weeks were pretty insane.

How many monitors would I get at the office?

7. where do you trade now?

8. A Jewish prop firm? :D

9. DO they require a series 7 or are thy a member of chicago pr phildelphia
    Where is their office
    How mch is the minimum deposit
    what software are they using - >

10. i think theyre closed.

#10     Oct 22, 2009