Next Level Trading Capital LLC

Discussion in 'Prop Firms' started by Gcapman, Jul 22, 2008.

1. Gcapman

Gcapman

Any thoughts on this prop trading firm?

Thx!

2. ghb

ghb

I'm also interested in information that anyone has on this firm.

3. WTF two new posters suddenly appear mate you need a new pitch this shill style is getting SO OLD. I hope you trade better but I imagine your trading is as lazy as your shilling.

4. NY_HOOD

NY_HOOD

another unprofessional name for a prop firm. Nex level trading capital??? c'mon.

5. url ?

6. ghb

ghb

Here's the url:
    http://www.nextleveltrading.net/

Gil Jo, from the company, called me. He sounded nice, but super-salesy. He said that he was a senior trader/mentor, but then I found his profile on LinkedIn and he only has about 1-1/2 years experience.

7. Gcapman

Gcapman

That's the same person that called me. Anyway I went in for an interview yesterday and he seemed pretty knowledgeable - he showed me some cool pattern setups that I didn't get taught at my last firm.

I'm going to give them a shot - I'll let you guys know how I do - can't be any worse than the last daytrading firm I was at!

Also, if you do your research correctly, he also has 4 years experience swing trading - if you read his linkedin profile fully, it says so.

Wish me luck!

8. Jigger11

Jigger11

Could either of you expand on your experience with Gil? Gcapman, you met him, so maybe you can explain more. Is there office professional looking? I have been in contact with him on the phone as well and I was under the impression that he wants to keep a small team of traders. I would be remote and am now wondering how many others he is calling and how many others are remote. I've always been bothered by the fact that if he wants a small team why does he have ads running nationally and internationally? Can he not get a good small team of local traders. I mean New York is pretty damn big!! Thanks to anyone who can provide anymore useful info on Next Level Trading Capital.

9. ghb

ghb

Jigger11,

Next Level is in Flushing,Queens, whereas other prop firms are located in Manhattan which is more convenient for most people. The location is one reason why Next Level might not be able to get a lot of traders. They might be having a hard time getting traders to go to Flushing.

I decided not to consider Next Level because their location was inconvenient for me. I didn't meet with Gill so I don't know what their facilities are like.

If I were you, I would ask him:

1. Why do you want to limit the number of traders?
    2. Are you constrained by the size of your trading floor, i.e., how many on-site traders can your location accomodate?
    3. Are you limiting the number of traders because you are constrained by the number managers, senior traders, and mentors?
    3. How many offsite traders do you want to add?
    4. What are the overall growth plans of the company?

Some of the prop firms in Manhattan want to scale to 200-300 traders because they get a cut of what each trader makes. They have a trading methodology that can be effectively applied to a large number of people and they want to take full advantage of that methodology. I don't know why a firm would want to limit the size of his company to a small number of traders unless they were constrained by resources, i.e. management, trading floor, or capital.

10. Surdo

Surdo