Next financial center: shanghai?

Discussion in 'Wall St. News' started by traderzhangSan, Mar 21, 2010.

1. But what if American people are fed up with Wall street bankers, trading ,hedge fund and all that finance activities:

You definitly do not work on the "Street" or an industry that deals with Financial World.

#31     Mar 22, 2010
  2. Futures hopefully start trading next month they have been postponing it for a while, they need arb traders for it to all work.

HK summers are just as bad as typical day in Singapore and pollution is back big time again in HK. I have lived in both places and been to Shanghai. Singapore is hot all the time, its a one season place you should visit some time.

you can look at Frankfurt vs London, the former should be the financial center of Europe but because of tradition, history, language.. etc it will never be.

#32     Mar 22, 2010
  3. Hong Kong will beat Shanghai hands down. When the Hongkies protest against falling living standards, the Chinese central government gives Hong Kong massive handouts. When the Chinese protest against desperate living conditions, they get beaten, tortured and sometimes even killed. it is all about leverage boys.

#33     Mar 22, 2010
  4. sumfuka

sumfuka

HK beats Shanghai by a long shot, work hard play hard is the motto at HK. You guys up north just work hard. :p

#34     Mar 22, 2010
  5. yeah, but the girls are prettier up north :D

#35     Mar 22, 2010
  6. Shanghai is the 8,000,000 pound gorilla. To believe that any financial market in the world will rank ahead of it in 20 years is, to my way of thinking, inane.

Hong Kong has never been a serious contender for the gold. it will, in the very near future, be left in the dust.

#36     Mar 23, 2010
  7. how about Taipei:D

#37     Mar 23, 2010
  8. #38     Mar 23, 2010
  9. yeah my dad lived and worked there for 15 years 1992-2007 and he says the corruption is amazing. no place for Westerners to do bizz. Stealing, cheating, etc is all part of life out there. (bit like London and W.S. now )

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Wanna trust if your money disappears that you (a foreigner) would get your money back?

#39     Mar 23, 2010
  10. are you kidding me? Nice palce to visit for a few days then the hummidity and crowds drive you mad.....I would never live there. Imagine Houston July all year round. :-( (and it's f**** expensive)
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Singapore is a nice place to live?

#40     Mar 23, 2010