Next book on my reading list

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Maverick74, May 5, 2004.

1. Not to brag or anything, but probably a whole lot more than you. Probably a whole lot more than most people on earth, actually.

#31     May 17, 2004
  2. ElCubano

ElCubano

who is dildo??? :confused:

#32     May 17, 2004
  3. Maverick74

Maverick74

I don't know man. I have a pretty big collection. I probably read a book a week. If you do better then that, I'm impressed. If you like to read, pick up a copy of "Ugly Americans" and let's discuss.

#33     May 17, 2004
  4. I whooped ass last year, which had 12 teams and not 8 as in year before. Surely you remember!

#34     May 17, 2004
  5. A book a week is very solid reading, good work. Pardon the cockiness in the previous post.

Not that I want to "impress" you or anything, but most weeks I will knock off about three books and make starts on maybe four or five others that I give up on because something else has grabbed my attention. Reading is probably my favorite way of spending leisure time and I sometimes struggle to leave room for other activities. Right now I've got a lot of spare time so it's not uncommon that I spend the majority of the day reading some book or another.

I took a look at "Ugly Americans" on Amazon and it seems to be taking a bit of a bashing. My first impressions were that it's a bit too overtly sensational but I'll probably still check it out. Seems it's not available as an ebook so I'll have to wait to read it. (I'm in Macedonia (Republic) at the moment so I can't just pop down to Borders or the library; I can only get new books as ebooks, or older titles on Gutenberg.)

#35     May 17, 2004
  6. You take the speed reading course I told ya about and you will be doing 1 a day. Last I clocked it i'm up to 900wpm. It's perfect for the type of reading you do. I on the other hand read my classic literature than non-fiction so its not always in my best interest to speed read through Dostoyevsky or Proust...

#36     May 17, 2004
  7. Alright, bet!

#37     May 17, 2004
  8. Maverick74

Maverick74

Yeah, ignore the bashers on Amazon. I think a lot of people were expecting to read more about the techniques and strategies used rather then the story behind it. I think there is a reason why these guys don't want to go through detail by detail how they trade. What were these readers expecting? I can see how a lot of readers, certainly young people would get bored by the Japanese culture lessons but oh well. This is certainly not a how to book but rather the story of how one trader made it. And an interesting story at that. No discussions of moving averages though, or RSI readings. I know this might let a lot of people down. LOL.

#38     May 17, 2004
  9. HAHAHAHA missed that one. Punk, gay, and a crack on my nationality all in the same post -- good job! Better watch though or I'll hack your account again, but this time I will have Mr. Sub do his magic on photoshop :D

#39     May 17, 2004
  10. Yes, you are right, I should definately watch my mouth and most definately change my password!

#40     May 17, 2004