NewYork Times online service goes bust

Discussion in 'Politics' started by maxpi, Sep 17, 2007.

1. maxpi

maxpi

2. I think it's interesting that internet advertising has reached the point where more revenue is generated by free content then paid subscription.

Fun fact: Internet advertising has grown by 26% YOY while television, print and radio advertising have declined by 1, 5 and 7 percent respectively.*

* http://www.alleyinsider.com/2007/08/the-great-adver.html

3. maxpi

maxpi

Papers like the NYTimes and the LATimes and television news [keep the idiots glued to the set until the next headache med commercial is over] have been so dismal/uninformative/one sided/dumbed down for so many decades that they are self destructing even as we type. I've always preferred radio but really, it is also uninformative, just in different ways, well we have KFI in Los Angeles which has lots of informative shows actually, Handel on the Law, Leo Laporte, Jillian Michael, I learn from those folks... good stuff quite often too...

Web content for print subscribers only, with advertisements... it spells out the fact that people are not accessing the NYTimes online much at all... not to the tune of $50/year. What do they get from advertising per year I wonder?