NewYork State LLC filing fee?

Discussion in 'Professional Trading' started by EqtTrdr, Feb 17, 2004.

1. Is this a joke?

http://www.darcangelo.com/news/nys_llc.html

There is a $500 minimum state tax return filing fee that was due by Jan 30th?

Even if you have a loss on your return you still need to pay the $500 (min) filing fee?

This must be a joke....

I paid to have my NYS LLC dissolutioned this year and 2003 was last tax year. Business had a net loss, They are joking if they think on top of the loss, the original LLC filing fee to open, the fee to close it, that I am going to file NYS taxes this year...

I had zero income last year on my personal return for 2003, mark to market trader....

Come put me in jail

2. gms

gms

It's the minimum state tax fee, "for the privilege of conducting business as a LLC in the State of New York". They have to make *something* even if you didn't. It's like that dumb bi-annual certification of contact information that costs $9.

I believe minimum tax amounts are applied even if there's a loss, but then again, you probably write off the tax paid as another deduction. I'm not a CPA, so check with yours about this.

Your CPA or attorney may suggest, off the record, that you let them bother with coming after a dissolved, abandoned LLC.