NewYork Real Estate - Two 111-storey offices for Manhattan

Discussion in 'Economics' started by The Kin, May 20, 2005.

1. LOL. Depends if you expect the towers to be net profitable or even able to cover the interest payments. I reckon if this goes through, New York City & State will be footing the bill years down the line.

That being said, Donald brought up some good points and he is absolutely right to make fun of the other design. Let Trump build whatever he wants there as long as I don't have to deal with increased taxes when the whole fiasco goes through the standard Trump Bankruptcy.

#21     May 21, 2005
  2. Finally.

I have been wondering why this idea hasn't been proposed, wasn't proposed in the days and weeks following the attacks. What better way to tell the world that terrorists will never win? The dangers are outweighed by the symbolic value, IMO. Call me a dreamer... please. I am not an American and I don't feel this way out of patriotism. The 9/11 attacks were directed against all free thinking people. Put the towers back up; one story higher is absolutely perfect. Build a mosque on the ground floor, to show them that their cowardice won't affect our belief in the fundamental right of every person to shape their own destiny.

Is this a publicity stunt on DT's part? I hope not, but even if it is, I hope the idea sticks and that this is the eventual outcome.

#22     May 21, 2005
  3. agpilot

agpilot

"LOL. Depends if you expect the towers to be net profitable or even able to cover the interest payments. I reckon if this goes through, New York City & State will be footing the bill years down the line."
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------

Not picking on the post above but this project almost goes beyond a standard profit loss consideration. Let the Bush family start the donations toward building it.
    Can't be as much as "building" a new Iraq.
    agpilot

#23     May 21, 2005