NewYork Real Estate - Two 111-storey offices for Manhattan

Discussion in 'Economics' started by The Kin, May 20, 2005.

1. Sam123

Sam123 Guest

Perhaps. That's why we have to wait and see if he remains persistent on this. I hope. Only a home-grown tycoon can make common sense happen at Ground Zero. I bet his project could be built for less.

#11     May 20, 2005
  2. what's the sharpe ratio on a guy who trades on ego.

#12     May 20, 2005
  3. agpilot

agpilot

All:
    Interesting. There is huge In-your-face value to the rest of the entire world in Donalds hype. Security would or could be the best our country can buy or build. I'd think any airliner or missile could be vaporized if it was aimed at either tower again. That leaves internal security as a possible bigger threat.
    A "bio" threat?
    Any building in that area could be a BIO target. So have at it Donald.. Twin towers again only bigger and better.. People would get over the threat just as most accident victims get over the past pain... People may even relish the idea after a while.

That's the way human nature has acted before.. remember the big crashes in the stock market? 9\11-Pain fades afterwards but new replacement will remain once built.
    What da ya want?
    A small skimpy reminder or a bigger better TwinTower reminder?
    agpilot

#13     May 20, 2005
  4. Joe

Joe

I would move there in a second. The building will offer the best construction and has to offer. As far as an attack on the building, I think there are other targets that are more at risk. The amount of security that will be placed on those buildings will be amazing. I agree with the quote below.

#14     May 20, 2005
  5. If there is one thing Trump knows, it's real estate. He said out loud what a lot of people thought. The original designs were terrible. They had a certain euro-wimp quality that was kind of depressing.

Enter The Donald. Who better to do this project? Does anyone doubt he will make it extraordinary?

#15     May 21, 2005
  6. Joe

Joe

Do you think he is comming in to late to change anything?

#16     May 21, 2005
  7. I think it's perfect timing. NYC Mayor Bloomberg announced just two weeks ago that the Freedom Tower was scraped due to security concerns. As a result, a new tower must now be desinged. Trump entered at exactly the right moment!

#17     May 21, 2005
  8. Joe

Joe

Do you know what security problems they had?

I would think that the same concerns would be placed on the new trump idea. If so the freedom tower most likely could not withstand a direct hit from another plane; thus the reason why Trump was promoting the new strength of the building.

#18     May 21, 2005
  9. Not at all, the shape of the Freedom Tower and its supporting columns were too close to the street and made it possible for a single truck bomb to drive up and knock out the main suppoer - destorying the entire tower.

[​IMG]

You can now see why Trump keeps referring to the building as a skeleton.

With Trump's proposal, the towers are once again set back the street and the columns are in the interior of the building. It's much stonger too.

#19     May 21, 2005
  10. [​IMG]

#20     May 21, 2005