Newt syays he'll ignore any SCOTUS decision he disagrees with

Discussion in 'Politics & Religion' started by DemZad, Dec 18, 2011.

1. Republican presidential candidate Newt Gingrich is doubling down from Thursday’s Fox News debate on his vow to abolish federal courts if he disagreed with their decision.

According to The Hill, in a conference call with reporters, Gingrich indicated that it was in the president’s power as commander-in-chief to deem any Supreme Court ruling irrelevant if he or she in the White House disagreed.

http://www.rawstory.com/rs/2011/12/17/gingrich-ill-ignore-any-supreme-court-ruling-i-disagree-with/

Anyone else see the danger inherent in letting this man anywhere near the White house?

2. Yes.I sure as hell would never vote for him

3. He is finished anyways, go check out Intrade. It is quite clear after watching the debates, the establishment and conservative media have chosen Romney. Which in this case may not be such a bad thing since they will bury Newt.

I have to admit though even though i hated Newt a part of me wanted to watch him go into the debates and rip Obama apart.

4. and i'm sure you had your nose all powdered up. . . . too bad Maxi.:( : .

5. That's as bad as the SCOTUS bending the constitution to please and support the current King/President.

A big part of our current mess is the ever increasing assumption of power at the Executive branch. What ever happened to "checks and balances"?

6. No, unlike you i dont have to cover my brown nose up with powder, because i dont have my head lodged all the way up Obama's ass.

7. They've all but gone to the wayside. Bin laden has done his work well because much of it is due to the War on terror.

8. Yes, it is sad to see, but quite, quite true.

9. If he does so within the bounds of the Constitution, then it's perfectly legal and he's being responsible. If it can't be done, then what are you worried about? [​IMG]

10. Wasn't the SCOTUS bent over enough when they allowed the last president to be put in office?

c

#10     Dec 18, 2011