Newt is going to start a Civil War in the GOP

Discussion in 'Politics' started by RCG Trader, Jan 31, 2012.

1. http://www.freerepublic.com/focus/f-news/2839694/posts

LUTZ, Fla. _ Newt Gingrich insisted Sunday that Mitt Romney, who is leading him in the polls in Florida by double-digits, will fail to win a majority of votes in Tuesday’s primary and then will not be able to muster a majority of delegates by the time of the Republican nominating convention in August.

“Romney’s got a very real challenge in trying to get a majority at the convention,” Mr. Gingrich told a gaggle of reporters spread across a sidewalk outside a church here in this Tampa suburb.

“This party is not going to nominate somebody who is a pro-abortion, pro-gun control, pro-tax increase liberal,” Mr. Gingrich asserted. “Look, it’s not going to happen.”

He never used the words “brokered convention,” but he painted a brokered-convention scenario.

“We have no evidence yet that Romney anywhere is coming close to getting a majority,” Mr. Gingrich said. “And I think when you take all of the non-Romney votes, it’s very likely that at the convention there will be a non-Romney majority – and maybe a very substantial one – and my job is to convert that into a pro-Gingrich majority.”

He vowed to mount “a straight-out contest for the next four or five months” and said he would go “all the way to the convention.”

Mr. Gingrich clearly hopes that Rick Santorum, who has been competing with him for conservative support, will eventually join his side against ....

2. LOL !!!!

Loving it...Go Newt !!!!!!!!!!

3. I wonder who these guys campaign managers are . . ?

4. Brass

Brass

Orville Redenbacher. It's good for business.

5. Maybe they don't even realize it, seeing they're caught in the fish feed, but these guys are a disgrace to the country. They have completely forgot that the entire outside world is watching .

6. I have noticed the right is staying far far away from this thread. They know the deal. They have a loose canon on their hands, the equivalent of Achilles gone mad. The mainline of the GOP has tried to bring him down, but it's not working. I will be taking time off to watch this convention, this is going to be the best one since 1968:D

7. They don't, by the time this is over, the independents will be with TeamObama, and it will be done. The GOP base is actually shrinking. They would kick Reagan out of his own party today.

8. pspr

pspr

Because it's nonsense. But thanks for trying to agitate everyone.

Just another 1 star thread from RCG.

9. Well, the right, with the IQ issues and all seems to think that stars are important:D

This ain't high school pspr, and please, for your sake, do not respond with, "whatever":D

10. Tsing Tao

Tsing Tao

So you quote an article from "Free Republic" that alleges Newt taking an action (brokered convention) and declare he is going to start a civil war in the GOP.

What is it you were looking for us conservatives to come to the thread and say? Good? Newt sucks? You suck?

Who gives a shit. Honestly, the speculation of some silly website about what Newt will or will not do is not worth my time to consider. The only reason I even popped into this thread to answer your silly question is because I'm sitting here waiting for a call back from the electrician.

#10     Jan 31, 2012