Newt Gingrich to gay Iowan:Go Vote for Obama

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Max E., Dec 21, 2011.

1. Max E.

Max E.

I laughed pretty hard when i read this. :D

Even though Gingrich has his demons, and this kind of talk would have ruined him, i love how blunt he is, and that he didnt try to bend over (literally) just to appease some group, and grab a couple votes. Most politicians would have just made some b.s. up in an attempt to gain some votes from....

I can just picture the look on the guys face when he got his anwer, he was probably expecting Gingrich to promise him something and bend over backwords, and he basically got told to piss off..... :D

Newt Gingrich to gay Iowan:Go Vote for Obama

Oskaloosa, Ia. – Newt Gingrich told a gay man and longtime resident of Oskaloosa here today that he should vote for President Obama.

“I asked him if he’s elected, how does he plan to engage gay Americans. How are we to support him? And he told me to support Obama,” said Scott Arnold, an adjunct professor of writing at William Penn University.”

Arnold, a Democrat, said he came to the event at Smokey Row coffee house with an open mind. But he wanted to ask Gingrich about how he would represent him as president after reading past comments the former U.S. House Speaker has made about gay and lesbians.

2. Mercor

Mercor

Newt writes off the Homosexual vote.

Meanwhile......
    Nov 29, 2011 – Obama's campaign team will not go after the white blue-collar vote.

Who do you guess will get the most heat for this?
    Who is the "wrong" one is this scenario.

3. Lucrum

Lucrum

Newt 1 butt pirates 0

4. JamesL

JamesL

Actual exchange:

Questioner: My question is, is how do you plan to engage with such a large community of people who, on this one specific issue, do not support you? [They] may agree with you on the other parts of what you stand for — but how do you plan to engage and get the vote of gay Americans and those who support them?

Gingrich: I think for those to whom the only issue that really matters is the definition of marriage, I won’t get their support. I accept that that’s a reality. On the other hand, for those to whom it’s not the central issue in their life, if they care about job creation, if they care about national security, if they care about a better future for the country at large, then I think I’ll get their support.

Questioner: So what if it is the biggest issue?

Gingrich: Then I won’t get their support.

Questioner: How do we engage if you’re elected? Then what, what does that mean?

Gingrich: Well then you engage in every topic except that.

Questioner: Except it’s most important (some crosstalk).

Gingrich: Well, if that’s most important to you then you should be for [Barack] Obama.

Questioner: I am, thank you.

Gingrich: It’s perfectly legitimate. I think that’s perfectly legitimate.

http://blogs.ajc.com/kyle-wingfield/2011/12/21/about-the-gingrich-and-gay-marriage-kerfuffle-video/