Newt Gingrich should have been a comedian

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Free Thinker, Nov 10, 2011.

1. Newt Gingrich’s claim in last night’s debate that he was merely giving Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac “advice as an historian” when they paid him some $300,000 has good government types rolling their eyes.

Newt: I Wasn’t A Housing Lobbyist, Just A Housing ‘Historian’
    The Associated Press reported in 2008 that Gingrich was paid $300,000 in 2006 as a consultant to help battle efforts to regulate the housing giant.

http://2012.talkingpointsmemo.com/2...housing-lobbyist-just-a-housing-historian.php

"So Newt was paid $300,000 to lobby against regulations for Freddie and Fannie in one year, then a couple years later blames Democrats for not regulating Freddie and Fannie enough, and while advocating that Fannie and Freddie are not allowed to have lobbyists."

2. Lucrum

Lucrum

Should he get the nomination I'll still vote for him. But then admittedly I'm voting ABO.

3. Wallet

Wallet

You'd better sink him now, if he gets the nomination it's lights out for the DNC.

4. kut2k2

kut2k2

That is seriously delusional. Not one of your collection of misfits, freaks and circus clowns looks like a winner standing next to the Osama Slayer. Thanks to the RNC's retarded series of endless debates, the material for Obama reelection ads is being written by your circus clowns themselves for whichever one of them is "lucky" enough to survive the winnowing process. Does Obama have baggage? Of course, but that's nothing compared to the steamer trunks being dragged by your misfits. :p

Newt as the nominee would be worse than most of the people running against him. He's not half as smart as he thinks he is, and by the time his past history gets displayed for the new voters, his name will be mud all over again. So go for it. :D

5. piezoe

piezoe

I tend to agree with Kut here. Newt has an incredible amount of nasty baggage to lug around with him.. For example, one of those giant steamer trunks contains the hard evidence supporting the contention that he is a prime culprit behind the breakdown of cordial relations between Democrats and Republicans. Many believe, and I tend to also, that it's ever since Newt's "Let's shut down the government" approach to legislation that we can't get anything done because one side or the other is unwilling to compromise on just about any issue you can name. Considering his past, and he does have one, I don't see any possibility of him being elected. Nevertheless, he can be quite entertaining, and the man's not nearly so devoid of intellect as some of the other candidates.

6. Wallet

Wallet

Laugh now, the material for the RNC's reelection ad's have been written by the current administrations inept handling of just about every aspect of foreign and domestic policy for the last 3 years.

"I got Osama", will only serve as an answer for about 2 questions of the first debate.

7. I don't know how smart Newt thinks he is but I do know he'd easily wipe the floor with Odumbo in a debate.

But beating the community organizer in the election given his baggage and an ever growing parasite class is another story.

8. piezoe

piezoe

Consensus of the talking heads seems to be that Obama's strong suit is foreign relations and handling of the "wars" and etc. They think his problem domestically is of course unemployment and the economy. The big professional pollsters show him low popularity yet nevertheless beating any of the Republican candidates handily. Go figure. I think this current crop of Republicans are all throw away candidates just like Dole and McCain were. I expect we'll see stronger Republicans come out of the woodwork four years from now.

9. Especially since waterboarding contributed which the Odumbo administration tried to deny and which ratface Holder was conducting a witch hunt about.

10. jem

jem

Basically the hostility happened when both parties cease to work for the people and started to work for their special interests.

How can you be civil to a politican that is party of the the party of the handout. Who understands that as it drives up taxes and the cost of doing business and drives down profits... it creates more votes for democrats? Can any non democrat work with such traitors?

What happened to JFK democrats. Ask now what you country can do for you but what you can do for your country.

Seriously I look at the parade of loser polticians the democrats march out night after night on t.v. and I wonder what the hell happened to america. Are there so many people who are getting handouts that they can vote for those liars.

#10     Nov 12, 2011