Newt Gingrich: ‘CNN is less biased than Fox News’

Discussion in 'Politics' started by AK Forty Seven, Apr 12, 2012.

1. http://news.yahoo.com/blogs/ticket/newt-gingrich-cnn-less-biased-fox-news-141511492.html

Newt Gingrich: ‘CNN is less biased than Fox News’

In what some might consider an act of GOP political suicide, Newt Gingrich slammed Fox News earlier this week, saying that the cable news channel has favored Mitt Romney throughout the 2012 Republican race--and that CNN has been the more "fair-and-balanced" network this cycle.

"I think Fox has been for Romney all the way through," Gingrich said during a meeting with Tea Party leaders in Delaware on Wednesday, according RealClearPolitics.com, which said it was granted access to the private event. "In our experience, Callista and I both believe CNN is less biased than Fox this year. We are more likely to get neutral coverage out of CNN than we are of Fox, and we're more likely to get distortion out of Fox. That's just a fact."

The former House Speaker blasted the Roger Ailes-led network, blaming Rupert Murdoch, chairman and CEO of Fox News owner News Corp., for the bias.

"I assume it's because Murdoch at some point [who] said, 'I want Romney,' and so 'fair and balanced' became 'Romney,' " Gingrich said. "And there's no question that Fox had a lot to do with stopping my campaign because such a high percentage of our base watches Fox."

A spokeswoman for Fox News did not immediately return a request from Yahoo News seeking comment.

Gingrich, a former Fox News contributor, added that he will attend the White House Correspondents' Association dinner later this month--as a guest of CNN.

2. Brass

Brass

Okay, I didn't see that one coming.

3. I accidentally visited Fox News for clowns yesterday and I had to restrain myself on what I felt was overly biased information aimed for the sole purpose of ridiculing/incarcerating an individual. This wasn't limited to politicians, anyone was fair game... well, except other clowns.

This is yellow journalism at its best. Such a news corporation should not exist.

Low-effort thinking promotes political conservatism

4. Nice work AK. . . . keep us informed. :) .

5. Lucrum

Lucrum

I think I know now why YOU are so misinformed.

6. I love your posts Spike,keep em coming :)

7. Gingrich is a really a piece of work. Fox gave him a platform for years when no one else had any time for an out of work political hack. His buddy Hannity repeatedly defended him when Gingrich's sleazy record seeped out.

This is exactly the kind of bizarre behavior that people who knew Gingrich were concerned about and why he is not suitable to be president.

8. What did you expect from someone who asks his wife for a divorce while she is in bed stricken with cancer ?

9. The question isn't which news organizations are more biased or less biased. The real question is: Why are they ALL biased?

It's tragic that there's no objective or unbiased reporting to be found anywhere.

Choosing between CNN and FoxNews isn't much of a choice... Would you prefer arsnic or cyanide with your supper?

10. Gingrich sometimes speaks the truth. I guarantee you, he is deeply disgusted by how his former coworkers threw him under the bus in favor of a rino.

Someone who plotted republican takeover of congress for years vs someone who ran against ted kennedy, said he was not "reagan/bush" did not seek a return to "reagan bush". Gingrich did a lot for the republican party and it stabbed him in the back. Of course, there is no honor among thieves, and he should have known that a sense of honor is a very rare commodity among republicans. It is all about "what have you done for me lately"

It is a testament to the sad state of republican party that its standard bearer is as conservative as my ass.

#10     Apr 12, 2012