NEWSFLASH: Up to 50 US marines have been murdered by the evil Iraqis in Nasiriyah...

Discussion in 'Politics' started by candletrader, Mar 23, 2003.

1. OHLC

OHLC

BTW, I think this strategy to send a few forces in advance is quite flawed. It probably has a psychological effect, but, as a matter of strategy, the front troops could be cut from any support.
    Dangerous strategy I think...
    BTW, this is what just happened : Irakis attacking from both flanks...

OHLC

#11     Mar 23, 2003
  2. msfe

msfe

attacking ?

aren´t they jubilating Iraqi democrats celebrating their liberation ?

#12     Mar 23, 2003
  3. Probably as much as the Apaches celebrated their liberation from the forests by the Cowboys... as I recall, the Apaches greeted their cowboy liberators with bows 'n arrows....

#13     Mar 23, 2003
  4. OHLC

OHLC

Muslims and Christians Irakis alike are not Democrats, it is a culturally foreign concept to them.
    They dont care for democraty, few are eager to experiment it.

And they are not jubilating either...

OHLC

#14     Mar 23, 2003
  5. he didn't say iraqi civilians gathered up their arms and started attacking did he...

(but i suppose you automatically assume that iraqis still inside iraq telling reporters they're glad they'll be rid of saddam are lying through their teetch...)

#15     Mar 23, 2003

6. as i recall, it has never been claimed by anyone that any of the Apaches ever considered the cowboys to be 'liberators'... quite different to what we have in iraq, i think..

#16     Mar 23, 2003
  7. Who was expecting a bloodless war?

Who is keeping score here anyway?

If we lose one American soldier, or 1,000 American soldiers, does that make the campaign any more or less successful, any more or less just, if our cause is just?

This fascination with the minutia of war is perverse.

We don't need to know every single detail of this war so that we can armchair general it.

People need to get a life and focus on improving the quality of our country, and let the soldiers and military do their job.

The families of those soldiers who are killed or wounded need to be informed, but do we really need to know much beyond the fact that the war continues and is going mostly according to plan?

At this point, one is either for or against the war, and the number of brave soldiers who lose their lives should do nothing to change one's mind about that.

War is hell. Go hug your kids and do some community service.

#17     Mar 23, 2003
  8. I would agree to an extent... the shi'ite marsh arabs and kurds would indeed view the Americans as liberators... but the sunni muslims wouldnt...

#18     Mar 23, 2003
  9. msfe

msfe

daniel m:`as i recall, it has never been claimed by anyone that any of the Apaches ever considered the cowboys to be 'liberators'... quite different to what we have in iraq, i think..´

Bush goes to war "for the sake of peace" and daniel m "thinks" - bwaahahaha

#19     Mar 23, 2003
  10. yeah, right optional. 1 dead or a million dead. it's all the same...
    :rolleyes

boy, you're never short of advice to hand out, are you?

"think this" "don't think that", "this is right" "that's wrong"

put a sock in it will ya...

sheesh. imagine having this guy in your family...

man, if ANYONE needs to GET A LIFE pal, it is assuredly YOU

#20     Mar 23, 2003