Newsflash- Obama loses 62% of vote

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Mercor, Jan 4, 2008.

1. Sir sir, your question doesn't make sense. Are you trying to say that our president didn't have those qualifications either before coming to office? Well, we know how that turned out.

#11     Jan 4, 2008
  2. Obama's not becoming president.

#12     Jan 4, 2008
  3. Being able to speak articulately and cogently on subtle issues is a pretty clear sign of intelligence.

There is a difference between knowledge and experience. From all I've seen & heard, Obama knows a great deal about the topics you mentioned. On the other hand he lacks personal experience which is a serious & legitimate concern with his campaign.

All the ambition and ego in the world won't make someone intelligent or articulate. For that matter, I don't think Obama shows any sign of a runaway ego, at least, not by the standards of presidential candidates. (Unless you consider running for President, in and of itself, to be a sign of excessive ego and ambition in a black man.)

Martin

#13     Jan 4, 2008
  4. Experience is overrated as a qualification for President. Who was one of the least experienced Presidents of all time?

Abraham Lincoln.

He served two years in the House as a Representative, and four terms as a state legislator before that. That's it. His performance as President needs no explanation.

Lincoln proves that leadership, integrity, education, vision, and an ability to compromise and negotiate are the most important qualities to be President. Barack Obama has the qualities of leadership and the communication skills to possibly blossom into the next Lincoln or JFK.

#14     Jan 5, 2008
  5. man

man

stupid post.

#15     Jan 5, 2008
  6. cmaxb

cmaxb

Hillary must be pissed. Without Obama, she'd be a shoe-in, along with Edwards as VP.

#16     Jan 5, 2008
  7. It's almost Orwellian how little the media focuses on Obama's lack of platform as well as his ethics problems in Illinois. Yes, he get's a pass because of his race. Any non-offensive black (the Bill Cosby syndrome) is reviewed better than a mere white or bling black. As a Chicagoan I never thought I'd live to see the day where one of our Democrat Machine lawyer scumbags would be a Presidential candidate under the guise of reform. Too frickin' ridiculous.

I was at a dinner in 1998 where Obama as a political newcomer was a speaker. Same shit then as now. I remember at the time thinking, "great orator but he didn't say anything."
    Vague bullshit like "we need to come together as one" blah, blah, blah doesn't answer questions about the immense issues America faces.

As a trader I hope Obama becomes President. As an American he would just be another nail in our coffin. (as would most anyone other than Ron Paul)

#17     Jan 5, 2008
  8. So someone that lacks experience will be as great as Lincoln?

#18     Jan 5, 2008
  9. Mercor

Mercor

stupid post

#19     Jan 6, 2008
  10. man

man

no.

#20     Jan 6, 2008