News You Can Use

Discussion in 'Trading' started by Brandonf, Jul 8, 2002.

1. Brandonf

Brandonf Sponsor

The biggest thing to becoming a successfl trader is to maximize what you are good at. Many people waste a ton of time trying to find some magic when there is none. Everyone has something they are good at, maximize that and try to do everything you can to minimize your weak points.
    If you are finding that you do not do well with the Emini's, but you do with stocks, by all means stop trading the mini's. I would also like to mention that we just launched a broker assited trading program with Elocaltrading.com where Elocal has a broker in our chatroom all day trading the calls exactly as we give them. You can sign up for this program by opening an account with Elocal giving them power of attorney to trade it, and by signing up for the broker assited program with us. Elocal is charging $12.50 per round turn, and we are charging and additional $200 a month for chatroom members, or $250 a month if you are not a member of the room.

Brandon

#51     Jul 12, 2002
  2. Babak

Babak

Brandon,

I forgot to ask you this in the chatroom. When you play news/openings do you ever initiate positions pre-market? If you do, how is it different from normal market hour positions and if you don't why not? Thanks. :)

#52     Jul 12, 2002
  3. Brandonf

Brandonf Sponsor

Very rare.

#53     Jul 12, 2002
  4. BRANDON: BASED UPON YOUR TOTAL MISUNDERSTANDING OF MY QUESTION AND SUBSEQUENT 100% FAILURE TO ANSWER THE QUESTION YET UNRELENTING ATTEMPT TO PUSH YOUR PAY ROOM I SHALL NOW RELEGATE YOUR CHATROOM TO THE SAME TURD PILE WITH WAXIE AND JAY YU.

#54     Jul 12, 2002
  5. Brandonf

Brandonf Sponsor

Doesnt hurt my feelings any, good luck. The difference of course between myself and ANYONE else running a chatroom is that Im willing to backup what I say. I thought I did adress your question though.

Brandon

#55     Jul 12, 2002
  6. hrob

hrob

Originally posted by larrybf
    BRANDON....................... I SHALL NOW RELEGATE YOUR CHATROOM TO THE SAME TURD PILE WITH WAXIE AND JAY YU.
    -----------
    I'm sorry but I have to say something here.One thing Brandon does not do is push his pay room on anyone. If anything he will dissuade you from being there if you gain no value from the room, if you are just not cut out for trading or if you just don't have the ability to learn.I spent a couple of months in his room and I was astonished at Brandon's and his partner's (Toni) ability to call the direction of the market as well as thier insight of an individual stock's price action. Thier site is very educational and true to what they promise. I am currently not in thier room because of my inability to execute on instruction (a good trader can profit with a bad system while a bad trader can lose with a good system type of deal), but this stems from baggage I carry from a couple years of bad trading. I gained a huge value and insight from what they taught me, and plan on returning to thier site when I can relinquish my personal baggage because I would not risk my capital again without the guidance of someone like Brandon to protect me from my own personal weaknesses. He is one of the most honest, talented and genuine individuals I have ever associated with. Let me say that I am not stating this for any self gain or because of any affiliation with him or his site, but I say this because I think when someone makes a statement like you made, the person under attack deserves to have honest, rational facts revealed on thier behalf. Although my guess is that as he posted he really could care less what you think, I think the rest of this board deserves to know about his integrity as a trader and as a person and if you choose not to benefit from his knowledge and abilities, that is your loss. And just one more thing, I know you were expecting him to answer exactly how many trades he makes on news events and he didn't answer that question as you were expecting him to, but if you will look back at his response you will find that he answered you with what would be of the most benefit to your real question; what is my best means of being most profitable in trading?! May God bless you larrybf and all who took time to read my babbling post!

Robert

#56     Jul 12, 2002
  7. Hello,

Hey to both Robet & Brandon. When I get sometime I'm going to check you out. From what I can glean from your chat the other night, but mainly from your site description is your methods & Tonis are quite similiar to Teresa Lo, & Victoria Pearson.

I had the opportunity to trade & learn from them, & it benefitted me a lot. To find some1 so close to home is even of greater benefit. I've made some large mistakes myself, & blew through my acct. in the past. I'm now on a path of rebuilding so to speak.

Braqndon I'm going to toss you out a candidate, & if it works for you fine & those in your room. There's earnings news coming out next week on TSCO, I believe it's sell the news. I'm position short for longer term, of course if my assumption is incorrect I'm gone. I usually hold plays like this 4 - 6 weeks.

Have a Great W/E Guys! God Bless & GFtY! Kelly:)

#57     Jul 12, 2002
  8. Brandonf

Brandonf Sponsor

A number of stocks were downgraded to neutral today by Soloman Smith Barney. All have weekly double bottoms. Look for buying opportunities in VRTS, SEBL, PSFT

Cablevision Systems (CVC): The company is upgraded to buy based upon low valuation by CSFB. The stock is starting to form a bit of a low level base and it has become fairly stretched on the weekly charts. Look for buying opportunities.

Ballard Power Systems (BLDP): The company was the target of a negative article by Barrons this weekend. Barrons pointed out the high valuation the stock currently has. It has a nice weekly double bottom forming, look for buying opportunities.

Brandon

#58     Jul 15, 2002
  9. Brandonf

Brandonf Sponsor

New Century Financial (NCEN): The company raises guidance for the coming quarter. Look for shorting opportunities.

Brandon

#59     Jul 15, 2002
  10. Brandonf

Brandonf Sponsor

pretty good morning with BLDP, PSFT, SEBL, NCEN (if you could get that one my hats off to ya).

Anyone notice the great relative strength in the Semi's. Market speaking to us.

Brandon

#60     Jul 15, 2002