News You Can Use

Discussion in 'Trading' started by Brandonf, Jul 8, 2002.

1. Brandonf

Brandonf Sponsor

Alliance Gaming (ALLY): The company raises Y02 guidance to $1.03 to $1.05 per share. Look for shorting opportunities.

Wal-Mart Stores (WMT) The company raises quidance. The charts are all fairly week. Look for shorting opportunities on weakness.

Brandon

#41     Jul 11, 2002
  2. Brandonf

Brandonf Sponsor

General Motors (GM): Downgraded by USB. Seems a little late! Look for buying opportunities.

Brandon

#42     Jul 11, 2002
  3. Brandon

Do you have the transcipt of your chat last night?

Thanks

#43     Jul 11, 2002
  4. ZTrader

ZTrader

#44     Jul 11, 2002
  5. ZTrader

ZTrader

Where do you get your news from? Briefing.com subscription?

#45     Jul 11, 2002
  6. Brandonf

Brandonf Sponsor

Yesterday was a classic reversal day. Im very happy with the results as I had one of my best days of the month. Usually on a reversal day I will get my butt kicked, so it was nice for a change to come out on topl.
    There is not much for news that I am interested in trading, so this will make for a slow day in stocks. As for the overall market, we should see higher prices this morning, but there is a lot of resistence overhead and we still have not seen any extremely bearish bottom type TICK readings (-1200). I would expect to see higher prices in the morning that will give way to afternoon selling.
    Fridays tend to be the slowest day of the week and the most common day for me to have a big loss. As I don't see too much that particularly interests me I will stick around for the open, but if nothing is developing by 10 to 10:30am CT I will start my weekend early. We have a had a very nice week and I really dont see a need to risk the gains when there is not likely to be much worth risking them on.

Brandon

#46     Jul 12, 2002
  7. Brandonf

Brandonf Sponsor

Briefing, Bloomberg.com and bloomberg television.

Brandon

#47     Jul 12, 2002
  8. lojze

lojze

Brandof,

What did you choose to trade today?

Lojze

#48     Jul 12, 2002
  9. Brandonf

Brandonf Sponsor

I did not do much, and left at 10 CT. I shorted the SP off the open (929.5) and covered before the numbers came out at 927.

Brandon

#49     Jul 12, 2002
  10. BRANDON: on a monthly basis, how many "news trades" do you make. I have been following the news the past several days and based upon this very limited perspective i am very undecided whether i should be following the stock price opening"s rather than continue trading the emini"s. I have arrived at a very comfortable niche trading the 10 AM{approx} market reversal. It is the one consistent moneymaker for me in spite of all my other many ups and downs. Hopefully you will answer as you are truly a trader whose opinion I and many others truly value. THANKS

#50     Jul 12, 2002