News stream in excel

Discussion in 'Automated Trading' started by tonyf, Feb 13, 2019.

1. tonyf

tonyf

Are there any solutions to have Reuters or PR Newswire headline announcements straight into Excel?

It has to be live in quasi-real time.

2. Monetary policy you may want to keep an eye on. Other macros news less likely to affect price except for some political issues

3. tonyf

tonyf

Thanks but I trade equities - I am most concerned with merger announcements, etc....

4. ZBZB

ZBZB

5. Robert Morse

Robert Morse Sponsor

I used NewEdge V8 when I was trading. It is a live news accumulator. I'm not sure if they have an excel link but you should expect to pay $150+/month. You can filter for what you want to see and quickly view items in detail. If you email directly-my email is below, I'll send you contact information for my guy there to discuss what they offer and if there is a delivery method to Excel. For me, This was well worth the cost. What I choose averaged about $260/month.
    http://www.acquiremedia.com/products/newsedgev8/

Bob

6. tonyf

tonyf

Thanks ZBZB - the issue is pull vs push (i.e refresh rates). The Contextures solution is a "pull" one to my understanding. That will eat up all the processing power....

7. tonyf

tonyf

Thanks Robert - IB offers it for free actually.
    I am trying to modify/cancel limit orders in Excel when news hit a given stock. Which is why a live feed is important, since all of my orders are channeled from an Excel DDE.

8. ZBZB

ZBZB

9. Robert Morse

Robert Morse Sponsor

10. MattZ

MattZ Sponsor

#10     Feb 13, 2019