News service recommendations??

Discussion in 'Educational Resources' started by Wood474, May 11, 2007.

1. Wood474

Wood474

Can anyone recommend a good news service where I can pick up headline news related to stocks/indices. I'm a stock index futures trader and want to pick up news pre-open so I don't play from the long side like yesterday when there was clearly bearish news I'd missed! Don't mind paying for it. Thanks...

2. Wood474

Wood474

Tradethenews looks pretty good, thanks. I listen to sigma squawk now, but need something a bit more stock index orientated....cheers

3. Bullet

Bullet

Need To Know News (NTKN) is terrible....save your money.

I used them for a while (even had a conference call with them to help improve their service), but they just constantly made mistakes, missed big news, and actually mistated important intraday numbers (like the Thursday Natty Gas report).

I know of several folks (including a shop) that have cancelled their accounts with this company for the same reasons I did.

They are very nice folks, but nice does not justify one dollar a month.....let alone $150

4. iqfeed

iqfeed DTN

Our customers like the Realtimetraders news that is included in the basic service of our DTN.IQ, IQFeed and ProphetX Active Trader services, but many also buy theflyonthewall or Midnight Trader for pre and post market information. All of these services are available for purchase direct from the providers (you don't need a DTN subscription) websites and cost in the range of $20-$30 per month.

Here is the description we have for Midnight Trader:
    Only MidnightTrader provides real-time extended-hours coverage of stocks likely to move in the following regular session. With MidnightTrader News you'll find opportunities and be better prepared for regular session trading by staying ahead of Wall Street with live pre-market stock trading news from 6:45 to 10 am EST and late breaking after-hours coverage from 3:30 to 8 pm EST. MidnightTrader provides traders with an edge on regular session and extended-hours trading, averaging over 100 stories per day.

And for theflyonthewall.com:
    Theflyonthewall.com's live news feed contains the same information circulating around Wall Street trading desks as it happens. It will help explain why specific stocks are moving and keep you in the loop of important, breaking news. If you are a trader, money manager or active investor, you can't afford to be out of this loop.

5. Wood474

Wood474

Thanks for all replies. I'm perhaps not so concerned about specific stocks, more the general breadth of feeling and sentiment to give me a better gauge on the overall indices, pre-open and during. Which do you therefore think is more applicable or better, Midnight Trader or flyonthewall?

Thanks again

6. Fade the News is not a good option.

7. notouch

notouch

NewsStrike is free and good. If all you want is pre-market news before the open what's wrong with good old Bloomberg TV?