News Scanners

Discussion in 'Trading' started by candletrader, Oct 11, 2001.

1. Can someone recommend any real-time news scanners that will scan the wires for pre-assigned keywords, such as 'merger'.

Thanks,
    Candle

2. There's lots of them. I used to use Fly on the Wall when it came free with Tradescape and it was pretty good. It has a scan. $25 a month I think.

3. cappuci

cappuci

I like fly on the wall too. I only use briefing right now though..I like the wrap ups and commentary very much.

4. Hi there. I used to use Bridge.com but they were bought out by Reuters. I'm not sure if their same real-time news product is available, but if it is you can input keywords, use filters, and then get scrolling headlines with your keyword highlighted.

Also, the Dow Jones News Wires are a similar product, but I think they cost around $99 a month.

Just a word of caution: be careful about trading news. A seemingly good bit of news like a merger, FDA approval, etc., may look like a reason to go long, but I've seen the stock drop like a rock because the upside was already factored in. Trade the REACTION to the news, not the news itself.

Sorry if you knew all that already. Just my 2 cents worth.

Live long and prosper.

5. wild

wild

news search by keyword is a standard feature of eSignal

regards

wild