News flash: Hollywood Liberals are Hypocrites

Discussion in 'Politics' started by AAAintheBeltway, Feb 26, 2004.

1. Does anyone else recall the anguished cries from Hollywood loudmouths that it was unfair and unamerican for the public to punish them for their unpatriotic views? Well, it turns out what is unfair depends importantly on whose ox is being gored. If you upset or even annoy the bigwigs who run the film business, as they say "You'll never work in this town again..."

From today New York Times:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

February 26, 2004
    New Film May Harm Gibson's Career
    By SHARON WAXMAN

OS ANGELES, Feb. 25 — Mel Gibson's provocative new film, "The Passion of the Christ," is making some of Hollywood's most prominent executives uncomfortable in ways that may damage Mr. Gibson's career.

Hollywood is a close-knit world, and friendships and social contact are critical in the making of deals and the casting of movies. Many of Hollywood's most prominent figures are also Jewish. So with a furor arising around the film, along with Mr. Gibson's reluctance to distance himself from his father, who calls the Holocaust mostly fiction, it is no surprise that Hollywood — Jewish and non-Jewish — has been talking about little else, at least when it's not talking about the Oscars.

Jeffrey Katzenberg and David Geffen, the principals of DreamWorks, have privately expressed anger over the film, said an executive close to the two men.

The chairmen of two other major studios said they would avoid working with Mr. Gibson because of "The Passion of the Christ" and the star's remarks surrounding its release.

Neither of the chairmen would speak for attribution, but as one explained: "It doesn't matter what I say. It'll matter what I do. I will do something. I won't hire him. I won't support anything he's part of. ..."

It's been common knowledge for years that conservative actors had to suppress their opinions or face blacklisting, much as aspiring university professors are forced to do. Now it appears that these same rich liberals who run the blacklist are also religious bigots. Even as they rake in the public's money from garbage entertainment, they vow retribution against a man who used his own money to make the most heralded film in decades.

2. 'Tolerance' and 'diversity' are only virtues when it comes to public transsexual orgies, lazy welfare crack whores with 10 illegitimate kids who demand free healthcare, Viet Cong, illegal aliens, the Black Panthers, and Islam. Didn't ya know?

3. cdbern

cdbern

Doesn't Hollywood understand its just "artistic expression"?:D