**NEWS feeds

Discussion in 'Trading Software' started by ysl280, Mar 31, 2009.

1. ysl280

ysl280

What's the best audio news feed out there? I'm acquanted with TradeTheNews, but want to know other options. Thanks in advance for your reply.

2. NYC212

NYC212

would like to know as well.

other news sources seem to be text only

(fly on the wall, reuters, bloomberg)

dow jones newswire

3. This from Thomson Reuters

Thomson Reuters to debut video news service in June
    http://uk.reuters.com/article/businessNews/idUKTRE52203N20090303?sp=true

streaming video, not just audio though...

The new service is designed to give financial professionals news they can use to make trades and other business decisions, but does not replace news articles, Devin Wenig said.

"To me, this is just Reuters News 2.0,"

Many thanks
    Tom Ablewhite

4. ysl280

ysl280

I'm really just interested in Audio. My eyes are usually glued to my trading platform...I don't really need another visual distraction. How much processing power do these programs take? Which do you think is the best bang for the buck? Thanks

5. Trade the News

6. TradersAudio
    SquawkTrader (Kuta's broadcast)
    RanSquawk

Those are the other big names...

7. ysl280

ysl280

do you find a service offering quicker or slower news than the rest? i've read some reports that TradeTheNews is a bit slow on delivering breaking news.

8. NYC212

NYC212

I heard they are the fastest?

how is the news feed with a bloomberg terminal?

interested in other "audio" news feeds. it will be nice to try out the new reuters news feed

9. jjj1000

jjj1000

I used/use several services and I like the fly on the wall the most (www.theflyonthewall.com).

They are quick in reporting, provide ample coverage and provide a free "radio" with the service, which is very apt to broadcast important market moving news on the fly. Reasonably priced.

Recommended.

10. Anyone know what happened to Newsstrike? The website is gone and the service just stopped working today

#10     Nov 17, 2009