Newegg IPO

Discussion in 'Stocks' started by Pekelo, Sep 28, 2009.

1. gaiachild

gaiachild

etrade is not offering newegg

#21     Sep 29, 2009
  2. NoDoji

NoDoji

I believe they weren't offering V either which is why I bought at market on IPO day; however when I contacted my rep, he said I could've gotten shares reserved in advance.

#22     Sep 29, 2009
  3. gaiachild

gaiachild

interesting , i might call them tomorrow
    i would hate to open brokerage account with b of a , jp morgan or citi

please let me know what happens if you call etrade

#23     Sep 29, 2009
  4. Devin Brady

Devin Brady ET Sponsor

Unless it is oversubscribed you probably wont want it. Each broker at those firms will receive a total number of shares that they can allocate to their clients. Of coarse those brokers will be giving them to their best/favorite clients. So the chances of you opening an account and getting an allocation, unless nobody wants them, is slim.

#24     Sep 30, 2009
  5. Exactly,

I highly doubt this IPO will be oversubscribed. Razor thin margins and low prospects for growth.

Getting in on this IPO just because you love buying from NewEgg is an amateur & stupid decision. It's an established business with a warehouse to internet model.

P.S. I prefer Tigerdirect, better deals & much better selections.

#25     Sep 30, 2009
  6. l2tradr

l2tradr

Good rule of thumb with IPOs (for the retail trader): if it's good, you won't be able to get any; if you're able to get some, then you probably shouldn't. Just a thought ;)

#26     Sep 30, 2009
  7. gaiachild

gaiachild

I just spoke with Etrade, they said they are not participating and cannot reserve newegg shares in advance

#27     Sep 30, 2009
  8. 11Blade

11Blade

I am fairly sure when NewEgg has to bow to their new overlords on Wall Street, they will no longer be the great company that they are currently

plus how do you deliver 20% growth quarter to quarter on ecommerce business sustained over years.

It will be another public ecommerce company rather than the refuge of techies who were NewEgg's biggest voice/promoters everywhere..

#28     Sep 30, 2009
  9. AyeYo

AyeYo

Excellent points.

#29     Sep 30, 2009
  10. Why is a very well-made car that is affordable, smart, well-run, high quality, and very popular -- less good than a company that makes gas-burning, hyper expensive cars that will also cost a lot of $$$ to maintain and are very impractical?

Basically, they both do the same on 30MPH, 55MPH or other similar roads.

Thanks, but I think the Honda should be the latter.

#30     Oct 1, 2009