Newegg IPO

Discussion in 'Stocks' started by Pekelo, Sep 28, 2009.

1. Pekelo

Pekelo

http://www.reuters.com/article/marketsNews/idUSN288093020090928

" Newegg Inc, a venture-capital backed online retailer of computer hardware and software, plans to raise up to $175 million in an initial public offering, according to a regulatory filing.

The Southern California-based e-commerce company, which runs the newegg.com website, said in a filing with the U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission that it has been profitable every year since 2001 and generated sales of $2.1 billion in 2008.

2. AyeYo

AyeYo

Outstanding. I love newegg.

How do you get in on an IPO?

3. Devin Brady

Devin Brady ET Sponsor

Call your broker

4. AyeYo

AyeYo

I assume you're talking about a physical person. So what if my broker is ETrade?

5. Devin Brady

Devin Brady ET Sponsor

Unless your broker is an underwriter, you probably wont get in.

Underwriters for the Newegg IPO include J.P. Morgan /quotes/comstock/13*!jpm/quotes/nls/jpm (JPM 44.69, -0.08, -0.19%) , Bank of America/Merrill Lynch /quotes/comstock/13*!bac/quotes/nls/bac (BAC 17.22, -0.01, -0.06%) and Citigroup /quotes/comstock/13*!c/quotes/nls/c (C 4.59, +0.03, +0.66%) .

6. AyeYo

AyeYo

Ah... so I basically just wait it out and buy them on the open market?

I can't speak from a fundamental standpoint, but as a fequent newegg customer they're an excellent business to deal with and I know many others that swear by them. This will definitely be a stock I'd like to own.

7. Devin Brady

Devin Brady ET Sponsor

Not sure your level of experience, but use limits if buying on the open.

Old egghead = New Egg

8. A lot of folks went nuts on the VMWARE IPO. They loved the product and went long right after IPO.

Why not look at the prospectus in full detail before you jump on emotion?

9. I'm sure if you got in contact with a local broker that could get you information. Find out if the offering is oversubscribed or not. If it's over, demand is large and that is usually a good sign of 'smart money' wanting a piece.

10. AyeYo

AyeYo

haha for sure! market order = market ownage

#10     Sep 28, 2009