Newbies listen ! My Story w/ lessons

Discussion in 'Trading' started by wiesman02, Nov 19, 2009.

1. Once again we have fighting and bickering back and forth with other traders calling each other paper traders.

Do u people ever learn ? Can we ever have a civil thread w/o fighting ?

This is why there's not much good info on this site anymore. too many people fighting means a lot of the good traders stopped coming. I know a few great traders that I'm in contact with call ET garbage now. Years back it was not this way. it is sad

#41     Nov 19, 2009
  2. Trading is no more than market probability and the ability of the trader to exploit weaknesses and strengths of the market (usually patterns), which includes his skill with the platform, his system(s) and his self-control. Sounds simple, but it is not easy. Fishing is easy. Even if you catch nothing, the day is still a success.

I enjoyed your letter to the newbies. Congratulations on your growth as a trader.

#42     Nov 19, 2009
  3. I like the way you label stock investors. They have zero exit strategy, but merely hope that price rises. What a way to manage your finances.

Agreed that volatility is down in my vehicles this year, which has limited trading size somewhat, but I have equalled my best year so far in 2009. The balance of this year will determine if it is to be my best to date.

#43     Nov 19, 2009
  4. In fact, commissions aside, we can safely say it's been precisely as good a year for everyone but him as it's been a bad year for him.

#44     Nov 19, 2009
  5. limit

limit

Dead on.

#45     Nov 19, 2009
  6. Oh the IRONY! :D

#46     Nov 19, 2009
  7. lindq

lindq

It wasn't any different in the past that it is now. If anything, this site is more sedate than it used to be.

That's a sign of any site's aging. What's new to be said of trading that isn't already in thousands of threads that can be searched?

I read the other day that WikiPedia has significantly dropped off in terms of new entries and the number of editors.

It makes sense. How much new information can be added continually before you reach a limit? The human race has created a lot of knowledge. But in fact it isn't unlimited.

And at some point it all becomes just opinions...and splitting hairs. And bickering.

I welcome any arguments with what I've said here. Bring it on.

:p

#47     Nov 19, 2009
  8. I'm surprise no one had asked wiseman his strategy... Everybody is so focused on arguing back and forth but not focus on asking the good questions... Anywho, what's your strategy wiseman? You don't have to go in detail but at least give us something... thanks

#48     Nov 19, 2009
  9. That's ET and has always been that way. Just got to not respond to those with only a few posts in which most of those posts are arguing with others. Most of the stuff I say nowadays are just a rehash of what others have already said many years ago when there was better participation here at ET.

Unfortunately most of those old threads by others are buried deep in ETs archives. Nothing new...no re-invention of the wheel...it's all there if you have the time & energy to did deep into ET's past threads.

I'm guessing it's volatility based (sensitive to change in volatility).

Mark

#49     Nov 19, 2009

10. I use EMA's and volume as 'helpers'. I trade using japanese candlesticks, while using price action patterns in relation to the EMA's (with volume mixed in..... its only reliable a small fraction of the time) to help guide me as to what candles are reliable, and which aren't.

Please note, the candles are not my 'signals'. The price patterns previous to the candles are my signals, the candle is what confirms the trade.

#50     Nov 19, 2009