Newbies listen ! My Story w/ lessons

Discussion in 'Trading' started by wiesman02, Nov 19, 2009.

1. Interesting thread, any updates from the OP please for last/this year? :)

#121     Feb 25, 2012
  2. Limit are you still around ?

#122     Feb 26, 2012
  3. 2011 was a great year for me trading wise. Since I have a fulltime job, every bit of trading income gets reinvested. I've been very fortunate in 2011, so I've begun to branch out in my trading to options and swing trading. I stopped trading forex. Just not my cup of tea.

The ES is my baby. I make the bulk of my $ trading it. I'm still a wimp, and I don't really every trade more than 3 contracts. I still have weeks where I blow up and kill a months worth of ES earnings. Sometimes, my emotions take over and REALLY fu#k me hard. I've been meditating to somehow control this.

I'm too lazy to do the math, but I averaged around 5-10 points / week trading 3 contracts in the ES. Not huge numbers, but hey, ES is freakin tough !

I've started a swing trading strategy, and an options strategy. My options strategy will take on a "Neke" like form. It'll be my high risk high reward account. My ES and swing trading strategies are quite conservative. So i thought I'd mix it up.

So far this year in 2012 has been tough trading the ES. I've made more $ in my stock accounts than in futures. I've been debating about taking the summer off, and working dayshift so i could have a normal life for once. Life isn't all about the money.

Oh, and staring at these screens for years has KILLED my vision. Going in for lasik surgery soon !

#123     Feb 26, 2012