Discussion in 'Prop Firms' started by AbbyNormal, Jun 23, 2003.

1. Hi Guys..Im new to this board and recently graduated with a Ph.D. in nuclear fission from Harvard. While in school , I traded remotely to try and earn extra money. I didn't make a ton of money, only around 200K per year....Now that Im graduated, Im thinking of trading full time because there really is no work for my chosen degree....Does anybody know where a young and up and coming guy like me can get a decent deal? Im not a big trader, I only trade about 3 million shares or so a month...Im looking for atmosphere more then anything else. Commissions are not that important because I already have an extremely low commission rate of around 1.7 cents per share ( and they only charge me 1.0 per share for Island)...I definitely want to trade for a firm that is self clearing...although I know nothing about trading or the industry, I keep getting this thought in my head. Im also looking for some leverage...nothing too big, maybe 25:1 or so...If anyone knows a firm that is a good fit for me please feel free to pm me...:confused:

2. Monsoon

Monsoon

parodies are so great..... :|

3. dookie

dookie

so you made 200thousand a year while in harvard and you are asking us whats a good firm ? hmmmmmmmmmmmm

how about getting lost

4. Is that a lot? How much do you guys make?? Maybe I should look around...I have some interviews later this week with a company called Dissent...has anyone ever heard of them?:confused:

5. parody
    SYLLABICATION: par·o·dy
    PRONUNCIATION: AUDIO: pr-d KEY
    NOUN: Inflected forms: pl. par·o·dies
    1a. A literary or artistic work that imitates the characteristic style of an author or a work for comic effect or ridicule. See synonyms at caricature. b. The genre of literature comprising such works.
    2. Something so bad as to be equivalent to intentional mockery; a travesty: The trial was a parody of justice.
    3. Music The practice of reworking an already established composition, especially the incorporation into the Mass of material borrowed from other works, such as motets or madrigals.
    TRANSITIVE VERB: Inflected forms: par·o·died, par·o·dy·ing, par·o·dies
    To make a parody of. See synonyms at imitate.
    ETYMOLOGY: Latin pardia, from Greek paridi : para-, subsidiary to; see para–1 + aoid, id, song; see wed-2 in Appendix I.
    OTHER FORMS: pa·rodic (p-rdk) , pa·rodi·cal (--kl) —ADJECTIVE
    paro·dist —NOUN
    paro·distic —ADJECTIVE

:D

6. Hey Abby... PM me. I've heard of some great deals at this place they call Shill. It's a little shop off of Wall Street that has a great atmosphere (from what I hear) and a very supportive group of high rollers. Give it a shot!!!

GOOD LUCK!!!

7. Echo Trade in the New York office has incredible atmosphere and great deals. Pleasant people, very friendly place and very negotiable.

8. The boys over @ SS, LLC are the best, either on or off the Street.

9. Harvard, huh?

Where in Cambridge did you live? What streets is the campus on or near? What are some of the mainstay restaurants or spots around campus?

Also, I don't see a nuclear fission PhD program on Harvard.edu. Please post a link.

Thanks.

10. qdz4

qdz4

Richtrader,

Old boy, did you not realize this post was a parody, a tongue-in-cheek piece of humor, meant to mock our (ET's) newest Ivy League graduate's quest for the ever elusive advice on proprietary trading firms?

#10     Jun 23, 2003