Newbie, where to start?

Discussion in 'Options' started by tinman1412, Nov 6, 2007.

1. tinman1412

tinman1412 Guest

Hi Everyone,

I'm interested in learning to trade options. I have done little trading, but I have heard about Options trading through a friend who learned how to trade Options using the Investools DVD course he bought from Ebay. He's actually doing quite well. I would like to learn and not sure where to start. There is so much information and I'm just not sure what the best approach would be. Hopefully I can learn and contribute to this forum. Please suggest what a beginner should do, what books to read, etc.., how long before I should start trading.

Thank You

2. Look at CBOE.com's Learning Center. Books?..........read McMillan and/or Natenberg. Wait until you're getting "A' grades in all of your math classes and have atleast $25,000 in your checking account before trading.

3. I would study the Yahoo option chains and do a paper trade, make note of the stock price and the price of the options. Yahoo's quotes are very accurate.

4. Have you tried a mentoring program, like DiscoverOptions?

5. onemore

onemore

Don't waste your money on DiscoverOptions. Check out Dan Sheridan's mentoring program instead. Much better IMO. :D

6. donnap

donnap

Hmmm...OP has zero posts...but if he has zero posts he can't be OP...but he is OP because his post started this thread...gasp...since he is OP he can't have zero posts....

(smoke coming out of super computer known as donnap)

7. And why did onemore bump a 3 year old thread?

8. spindr0

spindr0

And memorize everything on the Yahoo bulletin boards!

Yahoo is very accurate? ROFLMAO

9. spindr0

spindr0

Staccato voice droning from PA system:

O
    (pause)
    P
    (pause)
    has
    (pause)
    been
    (pause)