Newbie Trader

Discussion in 'Professional Trading' started by sharwei, May 24, 2005.

1. sharwei

sharwei

That is definitely something I would be interested in. Something I have even though about before. I am already over whelmed with all this information. But you have to start somewhere. What are these free downloadable trading platforms that you talk about? Where can I get them?

#11     May 24, 2005
  2. Nutzo

Nutzo

Look here for a job.......

www.sig.com

Tell them NUTZO sent you.:cool:

#12     May 24, 2005
  3. Well, I never recommend any one particular broker because there are many out there for everyone's personal taste.

You may want to visit the Forex forums here on ET for more info. :)

Others have recommended sKaLpZ Currency Trading For Beginners in the journal section.

Kindest regards,

sKaLpZ

#13     May 24, 2005
  4. notchum

notchum

So, I see that some claim $0 transaction fees. How do they achieve this? Not by using a full service brokerage.

There is another thread that is talking about monthly out of pocket fees and many are saying they pay nothing for transactions.

#14     May 25, 2005
  5. Brokers don't trade they sell or fill orders. I don't think it is very pressure filled. It sounds like you want to be a trader. Firms will hire someone with no experience if they think you have the right make up for it. They will give you their money to trade with and possibly a salary, so there is no risk to you. "Pressure Filled, minute-by-minute, sounds like a day trader to me. IMHO thats what you should be looking for.

5yr

#15     May 25, 2005
  6. sharwei

sharwei

I guess what I said can be understood as not wanting to be a daytrader. Actually that is what I would like to be, but not one from home. The only reason I said no, is because there is no way in hell anyone would take me seriously if they think I really think I can just say "well I want to be a daytrader" and then think I'll start tomorrow. I obviously have to be trained and put in hard work and effort. All fine by me.

I guess what I want to know is where to start in this journey. It seems like you must know people who know people who know people, etc. I actually know no-one that does this. So its mind boggling to me to understand where to start. Any advice?

#16     May 25, 2005
  7. da-net

da-net

Sharwei,

You sent me an email today asking questions...if you want an answer you will need to reset your ET account to accept return emails through the ET system.

#17     Jun 1, 2005
  8. sharwei

sharwei

Sorry about that. Didn't realize that was the default. I just changed it.

#18     Jun 1, 2005
  9. frisco160

frisco160

look at the good prop firms in your area

#19     Jun 2, 2005