Newbie questions on Profits in trading Emini NASDAQ

Discussion in 'Index Futures' started by coolweb, May 1, 2005.

1. Boib

Boib

Would it be prudent to trade QQQQ for a while befor attempting the NQ??

#11     May 10, 2005
  2. OMG! A lamb to the slaughter!

#12     May 10, 2005
  3. John Merchant,
    Can you elaborate ? :) I'd like to know what you think would be the pitfalls

thanks

#13     May 10, 2005
  4. Simply give it a try. Don't forget to send us a postcard about the outcome.
    :cool:

#14     May 12, 2005
  5. well,

I'm trading it using a simulator, just to get a hold of things

don't see much of a difference between the movements on emini nq100 and qqqq though

I do swing trade though, and right now Ive been stopped out of two positions since there is no trend in my direction at the moment (short) just headfakes

Whats up?

#15     May 13, 2005
  6. Coolweb. Sorry, didn't see your post until just now. Pitfalls? More like pratfalls. Yesterday you scalped and failed to recognize that it was a trend day. "I'll discipline myself and trend trade today!" It's a scalping day. So I now scalp every day I trade. My best advice to you is to read everything Jack Hershey, Bubba7 and Grob109 ever wrote here. Correspond with him and tell him I sent you. Mike

#16     May 13, 2005
  7. sheehs... nq is the most pathetic contract of 'em all...massive margins req for retails and that ugly $5 a tick...why on earth u want to trade a shit that costs a fortune when there are hundreds of better products out there. jeez, i wouldnt touch that crap with lottery money.

#17     Jul 29, 2006
  8. What would you recomend to trade?

#18     Jul 29, 2006
  9. Bitstream, it's not about margins, or tick or anything but predictability.

#19     Jul 30, 2006
  10. the most predictable and rewardin' futures contract is sgxnk @sgx; have a look at it: touch more than 1k for intraday margin to command 75k...with 200-500ticks daily ranges and no bots this is tough to beat.

nq predictable? no better than ym...maybe u got good at it after studyin' it ad nasueam but that doesnt justfy begin to trade this sob in the first place.

#20     Jul 30, 2006