Newbie Question on an Order - Stop/Limit

Discussion in 'Order Execution' started by Lapdance Jockey, Nov 23, 2005.

1. yea - that was great - i just read that horror story -

but why hate on etrade - im sure the same thing could have happened at any other brokerage....

or does it seem that the majority of problems seem to be occuring at e-trade

i appreciate the heads up

#11     Nov 25, 2005
  2. Their are others who lost much more than me. I am keeping in touch with some of these people. These things may happen at any firm, but how they handle it is what makes the difference. Take a look at how they handled the security breach. You would not want to work with a company that really does not want to help you find your money after it was taken. They would NOT GIVE ME the exact routing # and other things that would be helpful in getting my money back. They froze the account and said FU(aka covering their own ass). Regardless of how other firms handle this situation, it could NOT be worse than etrade. They didnt care about trying to get the money back or helping to get the money back. Please just dont take my word for it, ask others in similiar situations.

Unfortunately, if you google it, their are a lot of people in this situation.

I am glad you took the time to investigate your broker.

#12     Nov 25, 2005
  3. what broker do you use now - and what do you think about etrade using that 60 second keytoken deal...

#13     Nov 25, 2005
  4. I have interactive brokers and an mbtrading account. Both are great. I prefer for futures Interactive Borkers and for stocks I like mbtrading.

have a happy holiday.

:)

#14     Nov 25, 2005