Newbie Question: Historical Option Prices

Discussion in 'Options' started by hapaboy, Mar 27, 2004.

1. I've been trading stocks for a few years and hope to jump into options in the near future. I've been doing a lot of research and like what I see.

My question, and I hope it's a simple one: Is there a website that lists historical option prices?

For example, I want to see how the call premiums on FRNT have changed in the past week. Are there charts that show these price changes, as there are charts for stocks?

Thanks.

2. hermn

hermn

You can chart options at prophet charts either from the option chains page with a 'pop-up chart' or in snap charts and it is free if you don't need real-time info. Hope this helps.

http://www.prophet.net

3. ==========
    Both sources above are workable;
    BUT ESPECIALLY with options, double check prices.

Optionsxpress gives realtime charts free;
    double check all & knowing a few indexes/stocks helps your gut feel on inaccurate quotes. I also write out closing prices...

Luv learning - Solomon, trader king

4. nkhoi

nkhoi

the key words here is 'history' I havn't seen any site doing this.

5. Maverick74

Maverick74

Optionvue has historical option prices.

6. OahuD

OahuD

onechicago.com has free historical option prices going back one year.

OahuD

7. I appreciate all the responses.

Good trading to all of you! :)

H

8. ==========================

True;
    but I would still want to doublecheck accuracy and due probably to lack of demand ,its nothing like historical accurate stock prices.

===============
    Saw a neat cattle business program on ''History'' channel recently;
    said maverick cattle were nick named because mr. Maverick [a real key name] didnt brand his free range cattle.:cool:

9. =====================
    Like occasional derivatives & including but not limited to Chicago & Philadelphia & do them right:cool: ;

onechicago.com is the worst one
    -no offence intended OhuaD
    :D

#10     Mar 30, 2004